We often hear the idiom “Where there’s a will, there’s a way” and the stories that are related to it. Well, how do we increase and improve our willpower then?
What are some of the things we can do so that we become more successful in achieving our goals?
In this post, I want to share a list of powerful willpower affirmations that can help you develop the right mindset for success.
Let’s jump right in.
Thank you for being here. We are reader-supported. If have a minute, please try out the Headspace App. It is free to start and is the perfect companion for mindfulness, meditation, and improving the overall quality of your life.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Learn more on the disclosure page.
How to Use Affirmations Effectively?
- Identify the negative thoughts that you wish to get rid of or something that you wish to manifest. Affirmations work in both scenarios, but you need to be clear about what you want. This post about learning how to write affirmations might help you out.
- Use the following list as a source of inspiration and guidance. You may use any affirmation as it is, or modify it to make it your own. The key thing here is that the affirmations MUST resonate with you and is a statement you truly believe in.
- Pick out at least 2 affirmations and start using them.
- Begin a routine of practicing at least twice a day of reciting the affirmations with each session lasting 3-5 minutes. Repeat each one 10-15 times daily. You can do this in front of a mirror, speak out loud, or do it in your mind. Do not skip any sessions. I usually do this each morning when I wake and before I go to bed.
- Download and print out your own affirmations worksheet below to use as a guide for manifestation. Stick it on your mirror/journal/vision board, or anywhere you can easily access it throughout the day so that it can serve as a constant reminder to you.
- Alternatively, you can check out our Daily Positive Affirmations Cards which are designed and organized for you. All you need to do is print them and take them everywhere you go!
- Be patient! It usually takes a month or so to see changes.
List of Affirmations for Willpower
Iron Will Affirmations
Affirmations for Strong Willpower
- I have the discipline to accomplish everything I set my mind to.
- I can do anything I set my mind to.
- My future self is someone that I know and love!.
- I find completing things easy.
- I am the power of my own life.
- Every day, I make at least one step that takes me closer to my goals.
- Today is going to be a good day!
- I will only do the things I am supposed to do.
- Staying disciplined and consistent brings me closer to desired result every single day.
- I can get through this.
- Self-control comes easily to me.
- I always keep on going no matter how hard things get.
- When faced with a challenge or setback, I can always find a way to overcome it by using my willpower and determination to keep going until I reach my goal once again!
- Whenever I feel like quitting, I imagine myself living my dream life, and I keep going.
- I am powerful and in control of my own destiny.
- I will not allow fear to paralyze me from reaching my goals.
- I am strong enough to handle anything that comes at me; nothing can stop me from achieving my goals!
- I keep going when the going gets tough.
- I have enthusiasm, passion, and perseverance.
- Completing the tasks I have started is just something I naturally do.
- Being in control of my actions is the most natural thing in the world.
- I am worthy of success, happiness, and love today and every day for the rest of my life.
- Every single day I am becoming more in control of my actions.
- I will not be defeated by my own thoughts or words today.
- I am strong enough to do what I need to do.
- I have the willpower and determination to do what I want.
- Others see me as someone who is hard working and focused.
- I know what I need to do today to get closer to success.
- I focus on my power. I change my life.
- I can take much more than I think.
- I love everything I do.
- I am the only person who can make me happy.
- I am strong, disciplined, persistent, and resilient.
- I am aiming for the stars.
- I am strong.
- My words are powerful and my thoughts can change the world.
- I can easily tap into my willpower.
- I know what I want and have the will and energy to achieve it.
- Doing only the things I’m supposed to do has always been something I have done.
- I am persistent in reaching my goals
- I press on until the goal is reached.
- I always commit to my vision and make things happen.
- My willpower is second to none.
- I can do this.
- Taking control of myself has given me nothing but success.
- I am persistent, I persevere and I win!
- Having control over my impulses is effortless.
- I know what my next step should be, and I’m making it now.
- I am committed to my goals, and I am willing to do whatever it takes to achieve them.
- I see consistent progress when I show up every day.
- I am in complete control of myself.
- I am motivated at all times to do what I’m supposed to do.
- I keep my eyes on what I want, and this empowers my will.
- I will become someone who takes responsibility for my actions.
- I control my cravings by redirecting the thought paths to new destinations.
- I will not accept less than I deserve from life.
- I find it easy to do what I’m supposed to do.
- I am a force to be reckoned with.
- I know that it’s absolutely possible for me to achieve everything I want.
- I am fit, healthy, and attractive.
- Being a success is my natural rite.
- I can easily control my actions.
- I am a disciplined and responsible person.
- I have more than enough willpower for anything.
- I make a step toward my goal every single day, even if it’s a small one.
- I have an iron will.
- I will become someone who follows through.
- I just naturally never give up.
- I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.
- I am turning into someone who is hard working.
- The more I focus on my goals, the more determined I become at achieving them.
- I love myself, and it shows in everything I do and say.
- I am turning into someone who sets goals and achieves them.
- I am 100% dedicated to succeeding.
- I break the end vision into achievable chunks.
- I am turning into someone who never gives up.
- I am becoming more disciplined each day.
- My will to love is stronger than my wish to hate.
- I am becoming someone who always takes action.
- I feel closer and closer to my goal!
- No problem is too great, no success too small.
- I am so much more than a body, a brain, or a name—I am a force for good in the world.
- My willpower is strong and unwavering in the face of any obstacle.
What is Willpower?
Willpower, according to the dictionary, is “control exerted to do something or restrain impulses.”
It’s a term that gets thrown around a lot when we talk about personal development, but what does it really mean?
But this image of willpower is incomplete.
Willpower isn’t just a decision or a desire—it’s an emotional response.
When you decide to say no to something because it’s unhealthy, or because it’s not what you really want right now, you are making an emotional choice—and so is your brain.
Your brain is actively choosing not to give in to the urge that wants what it wants right now.
When you make these kinds of choices over and over again, they become habitual—you don’t even need to think about them anymore!
And eventually, those habits start taking on their own power as well: your brain recognizes that eating junk food will cause you to put on weight, so it starts avoiding it.
You end up with a brain that is primed to make healthy choices, and this is the most powerful way to change your brain.
So what does all of this mean?
It means that if you want to create new habits, then you need to start small.
Start by making one small change at a time—one habit at a time—until it becomes something that’s so automatic for you that it doesn’t even feel like a choice anymore.
How to Boost Your Willpower?
Willpower is a finite resource. It’s like a muscle, and if you don’t use it regularly, it starts to get weaker.
But don’t worry!
I have a few simple tips that can help you strengthen your willpower so you can stay focused on your long-term goals.
- Start small. You don’t have to change everything at once—just one thing can make a big difference. For example, if you’re trying to eat healthier, start by swapping out just one unhealthy food each week with something healthier. Maybe next week it’s a bowl of fruits instead of cookies or pizza or french fries. Small changes like this add up over time!
- Spend time with people who make you feel good about yourself. Friends and family members can have a huge impact on your willpower, so choose wisely! If you’re feeling down about yourself because you’re not eating right or exercising enough, consider spending less time with people who make those things harder for you and more time with people who support you in those areas (and vice versa).
- Remind yourself why it’s important. When we feel like we’ve failed at something in our lives, our self-esteem takes a hit and we may be tempted to give up on our goals entirely, but that doesn’t mean they’re wrong for us! Remember that everyone makes mistakes sometimes; don’t let them get you down too much and focus on the positives instead.
Benefits of Affirmations For Willpower
Affirmations are a powerful way to improve your willpower.
They help you focus on the things you want to do, as opposed to the things you don’t want to do.
Affirmations can help you build more discipline, which will make it easier for you to stick with your goals and accomplish them.
Here are some of the benefits of affirmations for willpower:
- Affirmations can help keep your mind focused on what’s important
- Affirmations can give you an extra boost when you’re feeling tired or unmotivated
- Affirmations can help remind you why you’re working toward something in the first place
These statements should be said with confidence and sincerity because they require a lot of self-trust.
When you say them out loud or in your head, you want them to sound believable, even if they aren’t true yet.
That’s why it’s important to choose affirmations that resonate with you personally, rather than just repeating things that everyone else says works for them.
In Conclusion: Willpower Affirmations
Affirmations are a simple but powerful way to improve your self-control and increase your productivity.
They can also help you stay positive during stressful times or when you’re feeling unmotivated.
The key is to use affirmations consistently and often.
If you find a few that work for you, it’s important to use them every day so they become ingrained in your subconscious mind.
If you enjoy topics like this, be sure to join our Happiness Newsletter where over 1,000 people receive curated resources each Sunday to help them better their lives right now! ⬇️
What Affirmations to Read Next?