How many affirmations should I focus on each day?
As someone who is just starting to discover the power of affirmations, it is pretty common for you to ask, how many affirmations should I say a day, or to focus on?
It is pretty easy to get lost in this phase, since there are literally thousands upon thousands of positive affirmations out there that targets all kinds of desires, as wealth, health and relationships being the most common ones.
This simple post will help provide you a simple beginner’s guide and help you answer some of the questions you might have starting out.
Here are the popular questions that I hope to answer in this post:
- What are daily affirmations?
- Do affirmations actually work?
- How many daily affirmations should you have?
- How long do affirmations take to work?
- What are examples of affirmations?
- What is the most powerful affirmation?
- Do I have to say affirmations out loud?
- How many affirmations should be in one subliminal track?
- Benefits of affirmations
These should be plenty to get you on track, but you can always ask us if you have any questions.
* Note: Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn a small fee when you click through the affiliate links on our website.
What are daily affirmations?
Basically, daily affirmations are sentences that are used to specify goals that are completed. They are just like exercise, but for the brain.
They are used to encourage and motivate yourself or others, and many times, they can have a profound impact on the user.
Not only that, they help you to remove negative thinking, reduce stress, and take away limits you might have put on yourself, allowing you to fulfil your true potential in life.
The main problem is that lots of people think of it as fluff, something invented by some cult-like New Age groups, but this is further than the truth.
It actually has scientific backing, which you can read up more on here.
There are lots of successful people who have attributed their success in one way or another to having the right mindset, driven in part by positive affirmations.
Some of the most famous celebrities include: Denzel Washington, Oprah Winfrey, Jim Carrey, Muhammed Ali, Michael Phelps, and many more
Do affirmations actually work?
This is one question that has been asked to death, and you probably know the answer, otherwise you wouldn’t be here.
You either think it works, or believe that it will work, and that’s why you are here to find out more.
Well, the answer is yes, it works, but there is a but.
It only works if you are able to release all, yes everything, of your negative thoughts.
The reason why it does not work for most people is that they cannot overcome this phase.
Think about it for a second: You want to believe in the power of affirmations, so you research and find a few sentences that you want to use each day. You start practicing it, wouldn’t you know it, something goes wrong (just like it would in anyone’s life) and you start cursing and swearing, thinking of all the bad things that can happen to you.
This scenario spells out the number one reason people fail: They fall back to old habits.
So instead of doing that, you need to let go of the negative thoughts and start reprogramming your subconscious mind. This is the most powerful part of your brain and is where change begins.
How many daily affirmations should you have?
First, I would recommend that you identify at least 2 or 3 sentences of affirmations that you wish to work on.
They can be of different areas of your life, or they could be similar.
Here is an example that I have tried before when I wanted to focus on my dieting habits:
- “I am a healthy eater”
- “Everyday, I eat healthier and healthier”
- “I take time to prepare healthier meals”
It was really interesting, as after a week or so, I found myself heading to the supermarket to hunt down ingredients to prepare my own meals. I would not say that the meals were 100% healthy, but they were better than almost all takeout food.
The key thing was that it sparked a change in me unconsciously, and things turned out better for me.
After identifying your affirmations, you should recite them everyday, for at least 3 times.
I highly recommend you do so each morning when you wake, once in the afternoon, to recalibrate your thoughts, and once at night before you go to bed.
The key is repetition, and selecting affirmations that resonates with you. Set realistic goals to begin with, rather than simply saying something very difficult like “I will lose 100 pounds in a month”.
Write several lines of your affirmations down on a piece of paper and bring it with you everywhere you go. They are a good reminder to you to keep your focus.
How long do affirmations take to work?
They say that Patience is a Virtue, and it is especially so in this case.
Do you think that it will work in a day? Or two? Or even a week?
Let’s think about this: Negative thoughts in your mind have existed for years, and are sitting deep in your subconscious mind. Do you think you can remove them immediately?
The truth is, it will take some time to start seeing results, as you slowly reprogram your subconscious mind.
You should also start with more realistic small goals in mind, just like the supermarket example I gave above.
Although there is no set time as to how long it takes for affirmations to work, in general, we see results in 1-3 months time, and it can take up to 9-12 months for them to become permanent.
Read more in detail in this post about how long affirmations take to work.
What are examples of affirmations?
Over here at The Right Affirmations, we produce not only articles like this, but also turn affirmations into videos that make it easier for you to watch, listen and digest.
It is our recommendation that you watch them daily at least 3 times a day to see its effects work.
Here is one example of our videos, and you should check out the other series on our channel too.
And here are some examples of affirmations you can use right away:
- I am a strong magnet to abundance and happiness
- I kindly ask for help and guidance if I cannot see a better way
- I overcome any obstacle with ease and awareness
- I am a magnet attracting abundance in my life
- I am successful in any area of my life
- I am patient
- I am blessed with infinite talents and I use them every single day
- I am a wonderful wise and beautiful person
- I am aware of my mistakes and I learned from them
- I deserve to live a happy life
- I face fear with power and kindness
- Love is my golden unwritten rule
- I am on an ever changing journey
- I peacefully detach myself from negative people
What is the most powerful affirmation?
By now, you would have known that the most powerful affirmation is the one that you can relate to the most.
Here are some examples of positive affirmations that we have used and worked well for us:
- I am in charge of how I feel and I always choose happiness
- Wealth constantly comes into my life
- Compassion washes away my anger and replaces it with love
- I live fully and I enjoy every moment
- I release all drama from my life
And as I mentioned before, you need to really choose the one that resonates the most with you and your current situation. To get more inspiration, I recommend that you check out the other sections on this blog.
Do I have to say affirmations out loud?
There is no set rule that determines if you should speak affirmations out loud.
It really depends on the environment you are in and how comfortable you are with saying them out loud.
I do recommend saying affirmations out loud though, as it is proven that our brain can form pathways with the words we speak, and they tend to be more effective than just saying them in our brain or simply reading them.
Try to mix up the way you recite affirmations, as one method alone can become monotonous and boring after a while, and you will be in danger of stopping altogether.
Subliminal Audio: How many affirmations should be in one subliminal track?
Ever heard of subliminal messages?
They are almost everywhere, especially so when advertisers use such messaging to target your subconscious.
These are essentially auditory or visual stimulation that fall below the Absolute Threshold Level.
How you can apply this to your life is to create audio tracks that contains affirmations on the goal you wish to achieve.
Using light ambient music as the background, you can add your voice recordings over them so they are subtle. The music helps you to relax, while the messages work to target your subconscious self.
The number of affirmations in the track is not extremely critical in this case, but rather the topic. It has to be highly related to your goals.
If this is too much work for you, you can always fall back on our channel for inspiration as we continue to increase our content.
Here’s another video that helps with gaining self confidence and building up trust in yourself.
Benefits of Affirmations
To sum up what we have discussed about today, I will list out the benefits of using daily affirmations:
- Develop a more positive mindset. You will approach things in a different way that benefits more people
- Reduce stress. A positive outlook in life will take away stress easily
- Motivate you to take action. By taking action, you are one step closer to your goals
- Keep your focus. By choosing only a small number of affirmations to focus on, you stay on track
- Cultivate healthier habits. You can use affirmations to eat better, start exercising, quit smoking, quit alcohol, quit drugs, and lose weight as examples
- Build up your self confidence and self esteem. Learn to trust yourself more and make good decisions
Take Affirmations Everywhere You Go!
Check out our very own printable affirmation cards designed just for you.
It contains 30 Daily Positive Affirmation Cards which you can bring everywhere for your convenience!
Included bonus: 4 Powerful Positive Affirmation Posters which you can print and hang anywhere!
* takes you to a checkout page hosted by PayHip, an ecommerce platform
What Affirmations To Read Next: