And if you’re like me, you’ve probably found yourself saying things like: “I can’t believe this happened!” or “I wish I had more money.”
Those are negative affirmations because they focus on what’s wrong with your life right now instead of what’s right with it.
Instead, we can look into the teachings of Florence Scovel Shinn and her affirmations as daily motivation and learn how to attract positive circumstances into their lives.
Let’s find out how.
Thank you for being here. We are reader-supported. If have a minute, please try out the Headspace App. It is free to start and is the perfect companion for mindfulness, meditation, and improving the overall quality of your life.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Learn more on the disclosure page.
- Who was Florence Scovel Shinn?
- What did Florence Scovel Shinn teach?
- What books did Florence Scovel Shinn write?
- My Interpretation of Florence Scovel Shinn Affirmations
- List of Florence Scovel Shinn Affirmations
- In Conclusion: Florence Scovel Shinn Affirmations
Who was Florence Scovel Shinn?
Florence Scovel Shinn was born in New Jersey in 1871 and died in 1940. She was an American artist, author, and teacher.
Florence is best known for her written works The Game of Life and How to Play It (1925), Your Word Is Your Wand (1928), and The Secret Door to Success (1940).
Her teachings revolve around the use of positive thinking and affirmations to attract positive circumstances into one’s life.
Her books sold millions of copies and have been translated into many languages.
What did Florence Scovel Shinn teach?
She taught that by changing your thoughts you can change your life.
In her first book, The Game of Life, she expressed her philosophy as follows:
The invisible forces are ever working for man who is always “pulling the strings” himself, though he does not know it. Owing to the vibratory power of words, whatever man voices, he begins to attract.
In her second book, Your Word is Your Wand, she shares the use of positive affirmations for prosperity, success, health, wisdom, and many other areas in life
This later evolved to become known as “The Law of Attraction”, popularized in the movie The Secret.
What books did Florence Scovel Shinn write?
Florence Scovel Shinn wrote a few books that were published during her lifetime, including:
- The Game of Life and How to Play It (1925)
- Your Word is Your Wand (1928)
- The Secret Door to Success (1940)
After her death, another 3 books were published:
- The Power of the Spoken Word (1945)
- Collected works: F.S. Shinn, The Wisdom of Florence Scovel Shinn: Four complete books (1989)
- The Magic Path of Intuition (2013)
Even today, her works remain very relevant and are still widely read.
As a New Thought practitioner and teacher, she has inspired lots of people to improve their lives.
My Interpretation of Florence Scovel Shinn Affirmations
As I think, so I am
You are responsible for your own thoughts. You can change them. And your life will change as a result.
If we have learned anything from the great spiritual traditions of the world, it is that our thoughts and feelings create our reality.
When you think positive thoughts and feel positive emotions, your reality improves in proportion to the strength of these states of mind.
If you think negative thoughts and feel negative emotions, however, your experience becomes less than satisfactory—even if external conditions appear to be ideal at times!
The reason for this is simple: The way we think influences not only our own lives but also those around us; therefore when I am thinking negatively about myself or others (or even my circumstances), my reality begins to reflect that negativity back upon me like an echo chamber with no escape route available anywhere in sight!
My word is my wand
Your word is your wand.
Your word is your power.
Your word is your truth.
Your word is your magic, and with it, you can do anything in this world that you want to do if you set out to do it, and if you believe in yourself and what you are doing, then nothing can stop you from achieving success.
You have the power of the word of God in you.
I water my wilderness with faith and suddenly it blossoms as the rose
It means that if you plant a seed of faith in what you want to manifest, it will grow into something beautiful and amazing.
Your mind is a powerful tool that needs to be used correctly so that it can work for you instead of against you.
Never do today what intuition says to do tomorrow
If you have something on your mind, it is best to not act on it right away.
You need to let the idea sit in your head for a while before you do anything about it.
The reason for this is that when you give yourself time to think about something, then you can make better decisions based on what your intuition tells you.
When we act impulsively, our brains are not fully aware of what we are doing and how it will affect our lives.
There is no power in evil. It is nothing; therefore can only come to nothing.
I feel that this means that evil is powerless, it cannot do anything, it can only cause itself to be destroyed.
The same goes for you.
You have the power to make decisions about what you want in life and how to get it.
If you want something bad enough, then there is nothing that can stop you from having it.
The chain of good is the connection between all people, and there is nothing that can break it.
We are all connected to each other through love, compassion, kindness, and respect.
If one person suffers then we all suffer because they are part of us.
You help to make things happen, and when you do so, it’s for the greater good.
List of Florence Scovel Shinn Affirmations
Florence Scovel Shinn Affirmations for love
Florence Scovel Shinn Affirmations for marriage
Florence Scovel Shinn Affirmations for health
Florence Scovel Shinn Affirmations for job
Florence Scovel Shinn Affirmations for prosperity
Florence Scovel Shinn forgiveness affirmations
- Adverse appearances work for my good, for God utilizes every person and every situation to bring to me my heart’s desire. Hindrances are friendly and obstacles springboards! (read next: Biblical affirmations)
- Rhythm, harmony and balance are now established in my mind, body and affairs.
- Endless good now comes to me in endless ways.
- Though my mistakes be as scarlet, I shall be washed whiter than snow.
- My supply is endless, inexhaustible and immediate and comes to me under grace in perfect ways.
- I spend money under direct inspiration wisely and fearlessly, knowing my supply is endless and immediate.
- I now jump into my good!
- Unexpected doors fly open, unexpected channels are free, and endless avalanches of abundance are poured out upon me, under grace in perfect ways.
- The decks are now cleared for Divine Action and my own comes to me under grace in a magical way.
- My happiness is God’s affair, therefore, no one can interfere. As I am one with God, I am now one with my heart’s desire.
- God’s ideas cannot be moved, therefore, what is mine by Divine Right will always be with me.
- I am in perfect harmony with the working of the law. I stand aside and let Infinite Intelligence make easy and successful my way.
- Let me never wander from my heart’s desire.
- I give thanks that the millions which are mine by Divine Right, now pour in and pile up under grace in perfect ways.
- As I am one with God, the Undivided One, I am one with my undivided love and undivided happiness.
- I love everyone and everyone loves me. My apparent enemy becomes my friend, a golden link in the chain of my good.
- I am as necessary to God as He is to me, for I am the channel to bring His plan to pass.
- Jehovah goes before me and the battle is won! All enemy thoughts are wiped out. I am victorious in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Never look or you’d never leap.
- There are no lost opportunities in Divine Mind, as one door shuts another door is opened.
- There is no power in evil. It is nothing; therefore can only come to nothing.
- I give thanks that the walls of Jericho fall down and all lack, limitation and failure are wiped out of my consciousness in the name of Jesus Christ.
- My seemingly impossible good now comes to pass, the unexpected now happens.
- Divine ideas never conflict.
- Be not weary of make-believing. When you least expect it you shall reap.
- He who watches over my heart’s desire neither slumbers nor sleeps.
- I give thanks that I now receive the righteous desires of my heart. Mountains are removed, valleys exalted and every crooked place made straight. I am in the Kingdom of fulfillment.
- Faith without nerve is dead.
- Selfishness binds and blocks. Every loving and unselfish thought has in it the germ of success.
- Power moves but is never moved.
- The genius within me is now released. I now fulfill my destiny.
- It is dangerous to stop in the middle of a hunch. Infinite Spirit is never too late.
- The ground I am on is holy ground. The ground I am on is successful ground.
- Happy surprises come to me each day. “I look with wonder at that which is before me.”
- I am now deluged with the happiness that was planned for me in the Beginning. My barns are full, my cup flows over with joy.
- I am awake to my good, and gather in the harvest of endless opportunities.
- I give thanks for my permanent happiness, my permanent health, my permanent wealth, my permanent love.
- Thy Kingdom is come, Thy will is done in me and my affairs.
- God cannot fail, so I cannot fail. “The warrior within me” has already won.
- The Christ in me is risen. I now fulfill my destiny.
- My good is a perfect and permanent idea in Divine Mind, and must manifest for there is nothing to prevent.
- I see my good in a golden glow of glory. I see my fields shining white with the harvest.
- The Divine Plan of my life now takes shape in definite, concrete experiences leading to my heart’s desire.
- The tide of Destiny has turned and everything comes my way.
- I have a magical work in a magical way, I give magical service for magical pay.
- Never hinder another’s hunch.
- My Spiritual Sporting blood is up! I am more than equal to this situation.
- There is never a slip ‘twixt the right cup and right lip.
- Drown the reasoning mind with your affirmation. Jehoshaphat clapped his cymbals so that he wouldn’t hear himself think.
- Never do today what intuition says to do tomorrow.
- As the needle in the compass is true to the north, what is rightfully mine is true to me. I am the North!
- God’s plans for me are built upon a rock. What was mine in the beginning, is mine now and ever shall be mine.
- I now dig my ditches deep with faith and understanding and my heart’s desire comes to pass in a surprising way.
- The Light of Christ within now wipes out all fear: doubt, anger and resentment. God’s love pours through me, an irresistible magnetic current. I see only perfection and draw to me my own.
- I stand steadfast, immovable, giving thanks for my seeming impossible good to come to pass, for I know, with God, it is easy of accomplishment, and His time is now.
- Fear and impatience demagnetize. Poise magnetizes.
- There is nothing to fear for there is no power to hurt. I walk up to the lion on my pathway and find an angel in armor, and victory in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Sorrow and disappointment follow in the wake of deceit and subterfuge. The way of the transgressor is hard. “No good thing will be withheld from him who walks uprightly.
- I do not limit the Holy One of Israel, in word, thought or deed. With God all things are easy and possible now.
- I do not limit God by seeing limitations in myself. With God and myself all things are possible.
- My endless good now comes to me in endless ways.
- God’s plan for me is permanent and cannot be budged. I am true to my heavenly vision.
- I am thankful.
- The warrior within me has already won.
- I now let go of worn-out conditions and worn-out things. Divine order is established in my mind, body and affairs. “Behold, I make all things new.”
- Behold! I have set before thee the open door of Destiny and no man shall shut it, for it is nailed back.
- There are no mysteries in the Kingdom. Whatever I should know will now be revealed to me, under grace.
- Every plan my Father in heaven has not planned is dissolved and obliterated and the Divine Design of my life now comes to pass.
- God is my unfailing and immediate supply of all good.
- What God has given me can never be taken from me for His gifts are for all eternity.
- I see clearly and act quickly and my greatest expectations come to pass in a miraculous way.
- I am now on the royal road of Success, Happiness, and Abundance, all the traffic goes my way.
- Infinite Spirit, give me wisdom to make the most of my opportunities. Never let me miss a trick.
- I call on the law of forgiveness. I am free from mistakes and the consequences of mistakes. I am under grace and not under karmic law.
- Before you call you are answered, for the supply precedes the demand.
- I now prepare for the fulfillment of my heart’s desire. I show God I believe His promise will be kept.
- Before I called I was answered and I now gather in my harvest in a remarkable way.
- All channels are free and all doors fly open for my immediate and endless, Divinely Designed supply.
- What God has done for others He can do for me and more!
- I have perfect confidence in God and God has perfect confidence in me.
- I wait patiently on the Lord, I trust in Him, I fret not myself because of evil doers (for every man is a golden link in the chain of my good) and He now gives to me the desires of my heart! (See 37th Psalm.)
- God’s promises are built upon a rock. As I have asked I must receive.
- Every act committed while angry or resentful brings unhappy reaction.
- All lack, limitation, and failure are wiped out of my consciousness.
- I have within me an undiscovered country, which is revealed to me now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Faith is elastic. Stretch it to the end of your demonstration.
- I am fearless in letting money go out, knowing God is my immediate and endless supply.
- All bondage is an illusion of the race consciousness. There is always a way out of every situation, under grace. Every man is free to do the will of God.
- I make friends with hindrances and every obstacle becomes a stepping-stone. Everything in the Universe, visible and invisible, is working to bring to me my own.
- Regard your neighbor as yourself.
- I now exercise my fearless faith in three ways – by thinking, speaking and acting. I am unmoved by appearances, therefore appearances move.
- All enemy thoughts are wiped out. I am victorious.
- My good now flows to me in a steady, unbroken, ever-increasing stream of success, happiness and abundance.
- I now draw from the Universal Substance, with irresistible power and determination, that which is mine by Divine Right.
- All power is given unto me to be meek and lowly of heart. I am willing to come last, therefore, I come first.
- My heart’s desire is a perfect idea in Divine Mine, incorruptible and indestructible, and now comes to pass, under grace in a magical way.
- I am harmonious, happy, and radiant. I am detached from the tyranny of fear.
- I do not resist this situation. I put it in the hands of Infinite Love and Wisdom. Let the Divine idea now come to pass.
- I know there is nothing to defeat God, therefore, there is nothing to defeat me.
- My poise is built upon a rock, I see clearly and act quickly.
Browse made-for-you Encouragement Cards now!
Only $4 for each set
- I am always under direct inspiration. I know just what to do and give instant obedience to my intuitive leads.
- I give thanks for my whirlwind success. I sweep all before me for I work with the Spirit and follow the Divine Plan of my life.
- I am a perfect non-resistant instrument for God to work through, and His perfect plan for me now comes to pass in a magic way.
- My ships come in over a calm sea, under grace in perfect ways.
- I banish the past and now live in the wonderful now, where happy surprises come to me each day.
- I have now the fearless faith of the Christ within. At my approach barriers vanish and obstacles disappear.
- The “four winds of success” now blow to me my own. From North, South, East, and West comes my endless good.
- My God is a God of plenty and I now receive all that I desire or require and more.
- I now place my personal will upon the altar. Your will, not my will; Your way not my way; Your time not my time — and in the twinkling of an eye it is done!
- New fields of Divine Activity now open for me. Unexpected doors fly open, unexpected channels are free.
- God works in unexpected places, through unexpected people, at unexpected times, His wonders to perform.
- I have a wonderful joy in a wonderful way, and my wonderful joy has come to stay.
- I am at peace with myself and with the whole world. I love everyone and everyone loves me. The floodgates of my good now open.
- Divine Love, through me, now dissolves all seeming obstacles and makes clear, easy and successful my way.
- As I am one with God I am now one with my heart’s desire.
- Every man is a golden link in the chain of my good.
- Loving your neighbor means not to limit your neighbor in word, thought or deed.
- Giving precedes receiving and my gifts to others precede God’s gifts to me.
- I will not weary of well-doing, for when I least expect it I shall reap.
- I am harmonious, poised and magnetic. I now draw to myself my own. My power is God’s power and is irresistible!
- Divine Order is now established in my mind, body and affairs. I see clearly and act quickly and my greatest expectations come to pass in a miraculous way.
- My angel of destiny goes before me, keeping me in the Way.
- I now release the gold-mine within me. I am linked with an endless golden stream of prosperity which comes to me under grace in perfect ways.
- My ditches will be filled at the right time, bringing all that I have asked for, and more!
- I am poised and powerful, my greatest expectations are realized in a miraculous way.
- I forgive everyone and everyone forgives me. The gates swing open for my good.
- The Kingdom of Heaven is the realm of perfect ideas.
- I now stand aside and watch God work. It interests me to see how quickly and easily He brings the desires of my heart to pass.
- It’s a great life if you don’t reason.
- God’s ideas for me are perfect and permanent.
- I am harmonious, happy, and Divinely magnetic, and now draw to me my ships over a calm sea.
- As one door shuts another door is opened.
- Goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of abundance forever.
- All obstacles now vanish from my pathway. Doors fly open, gates are lifted and I enter the Kingdom of fulfillment, under grace.
- All that is mine by Divine Right is now released and reaches me in great avalanches of abundance, under grace in miraculous ways.
- When in doubt play trumps, do the fearless thing.
- I cast every burden on the Christ within and I go free!
- Seeming impossible doors now open, seeming impossible channels are free, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Man’s will is powerless to interfere with God’s will. God’s will is now done in my mind, body and affairs.
- I water my wilderness with faith and suddenly it blossoms as the rose.
- I now “put to flight the army of the aliens” (negative thoughts). They feed on fear and starve on faith.
- My faith is built upon a rock and my hearts’s desire now comes to pass, under grace in a miraculous way.
- I clap my cymbals and rejoice, for Jehovah goes before me making clear, easy and successful my way!
- I am steadfast, immovable, for the fields are already white with the harvest. My fearless faith in God now brings the Divine Design of my life to pass.
- I am now linked by an invisible, unbreakable magnetic cord with all that belongs to me by Divine Right!
- There are no obstacles in Divine Mind, therefore, there is nothing to obstruct my good.
- Sure-ism is stronger than Optimism.
- All fear is now banished in the name of Jesus Christ, for I know there is no power to hurt. God is the one and only power.
- I am grateful that everything is working out exactly as it should.
- What didn’t happen in the Kingdom never happened anywhere.
- There is no competition on the Spiritual plane. What is rightfully mine is given under grace.
- It is dark before the dawn but the dawn never fails. Trust in the dawn.
- I walk boldly up to the lion that is in my pathway and find that it’s a friendly Airedale.
- What you do for others you are doing for yourself.
In Conclusion: Florence Scovel Shinn Affirmations
You can do whatever you want because you have the power to create.
You just have to believe in yourself and have faith that your dreams are possible.
When you find yourself in the midst of a challenge, remember that you are not alone.
You are surrounded by those who love and support you, and the universe is here to help guide you through it.
Take a deep breath, and let go of what doesn’t matter so that you can focus on what does.
If you enjoy topics like this, be sure to join our Happiness Newsletter where over 1,000 people receive curated resources each Sunday to help them better their lives right now! ⬇️