Soccer is a sport of perseverance, strength, and determination. The game itself is full of ups and downs, but the most important thing is to keep your head up and keep going.
That’s why affirmations for soccer players are so important.
They help you focus on what you’re doing right, rather than what you have done wrong.
They help you stay present instead of dwelling on the past or worrying about the future.
And they remind you that there’s always a way to improve—even if it’s just one little thing at a time!
If you are serious about taking your game to the next level, you should consider using these soccer affirmations to develop the right mindset!
Thank you for being here. We are reader-supported. If have a minute, please try out the Headspace App. It is free to start and is the perfect companion for mindfulness, meditation, and improving the overall quality of your life.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Learn more on the disclosure page.
List of Soccer Affirmations to Improve Your Game Now
- I am a great forward. I get my shots and I make my shots.
- Soccer is my life.
- My mind is totally focused on developing into a great player.
- I will sharpen my reflexes.
- When I take the field, I channel my emotions into amazing soccer plays.
- I am a great goalkeeper. I am the leader of my defense.
- I will train harder than anyone else.
- I naturally pick up on plays as they are developing. I thrive at training.
- Scoring goals is easy.
- I’m a world-class dribbler.
- I will continue to train harder than my competitors during practice.
- I am a great passer. I put my teammates in easy scoring situations.
- A great scorer lives within me. Today that scorer shows up as balls in the net.
- I defeat my opponent in my mind and then I defeat him/her on the soccer field.
- I refuse to dwell on bad plays. I am always focused on the next good play.
- I will be the leading scorer on my team during games.
- I will practice every day.
- I am a great scorer. One on one I am better than any goalie.
- I will continue to train hard every day.
- I will stay focused on improving.
- My fitness is unmatched.
- I am a great goalkeeper. I thrive on the one-to-one aspect of a penalty kick.
- A great goalkeeper lives within me. Today that goalkeeper shows up in the net.
- I am a lightning-fast runner. I am an amazing shooter.
- I will always focus on improving my skills. I will win under all circumstances.
- I am a talented scorer. I am completely committed to becoming the best soccer player.
- My mind is perfectly wired for soccer.
- A great defender lives within me. Today that defender shows up on the soccer field.
- I am a great scorer. My kicks are always powerful and accurate.
- I am a fast runner.
- I am a playmaker. I am a great playmaker. I am a difference-making playmaker.
- I will improve my accuracy.
- My mind and body are completely committed to developing into a great player.
- A world-class soccer player lives within me. Today I AM that player during my match.
- I naturally notice plays developing.
- Scoring is something that I do naturally.
- I will do everything to win.
- My confidence is growing during every practice and game.
- My teammates see me as a great player.
- We are a great soccer team. We are a championship soccer team. We are a team of destiny.
- I am a great scorer. I know the goalie’s tendencies and I use them against him/her.
- I am a great forward. I am all about scoring goals. I am happy scoring goals or getting assists.
- I always outplay my opponent by out-thinking my opponent.
- I am a naturally talented soccer player. I was born to play and excel at soccer.
- I am a great scorer. When I’m on my A-game, I am unstoppable.
- I was born to play soccer. I easily score goals and win games.
- I work hard on my dribbling skills. They make a real difference in my game.
- I am a great scorer. Both of my feet are dangerous scoring weapons.
- Soccer is in my blood.
- I have an accurate and powerful shot.
- Scoring comes naturally to me.
- My coordination is steadily improving.
- I have a burning desire to become a great soccer player.
- I am a great soccer player. When my team needs a lift, I am always there to provide it.
- A great midfielder lives within me. Today that midfielder shows up on the soccer field.
- I’m a creative and smart decision-maker.
- I always work hard during practice to be the best. I have a perfectly accurate shot.
- I always train hard.
- I am a great scorer. I know where I am going with the ball before I get it.
- I am a great defender. I perfect my tackling skills and stop scoring opportunities before they start.
- I am a highly-skilled soccer player.
- I am a great goalkeeper. The net and I are one.
- I am a great goalkeeper. When the game is on the line, I always make the save.
- I am a good soccer player who is on the way to being a great soccer player.
- I am a caring teammate.
- I am a great striker. When I get in scoring position, I finish.
- I am a great forward. When I miss a shot, I am already focused on making the next one.
- I will improve my reflexes during game time.
- When I face superior skills on the soccer field, I win with superior determination.
- I make perfect passes.
- When we come together as a team, everything becomes possible for our soccer team.
- My footwork and coordination are rapidly improving.
- I make the best passes. I have phenomenal control of the ball.
- I love soccer and it shows in the way I play every match.
- I can develop into a pro player if I put my mind to it.
- When I have superior skills on the soccer field, I win by maintaining my focus and executing.
- I am a great defender. My job is to shut down the best scorer and that is what I do.
- I live and breathe soccer. My teammates know they can count on me to score.
- I am naturally an amazing soccer player and have a strong desire to become the best. When I put my mind to it I will become the best soccer player.
- I am becoming a fantastic dribbler.
- I am a great shooter.
- I am a great scorer. I know when to use power and when to use finesse.
- I am 100% dedicated to becoming a great soccer player.
- I am a terrific leader.
- I have excellent ball control.
- Soccer is easy. Soccer is fun. Soccer is easy and fun for me.
- My confidence is building.
- I am becoming an amazing dribbler.
- I am one part of amazing soccer skills. I am one part of amazing mental skills. I am all parts a champion.
- Nobody will stop me from reaching my goals.
- I will continue to improve my shot accuracy during each game.
- I am a great midfielder. I win with speed, strength, and smarts.
- I have perfect accuracy.
- I am a great scorer. I am always working my way into scoring position.
- I am the best striker on my team. When the game is on the line, I want to take the shot.
- I am a great soccer player and I am ready to be world-class.
- I enjoy training.
- I am a natural scorer.
- A great forward lives within me. Today that forward shows up on the soccer field.
- I am a great scorer. When my teammates shoot, I always follow the shot.
- I am a great soccer player. I am a great soccer player. I am a great soccer player and I get better and better each and every day.
How to Use Affirmations Effectively?
- Identify the negative thoughts that you wish to get rid of or something that you wish to manifest. Affirmations work in both scenarios, but you need to be clear about what you want. This post about learning how to write affirmations might help you out.
- Use the following list as a source of inspiration and guidance. You may use any affirmation as it is, or modify it to make it your own. The key thing here is that the affirmations MUST resonate with you and is a statement you truly believe in.
- Pick out at least 2 affirmations and start using them.
- Begin a routine of practicing at least twice a day of reciting the affirmations with each session lasting 3-5 minutes. Repeat each one 10-15 times daily. You can do this in front of a mirror, speak out loud, or do it in your mind. Do not skip any sessions. I usually do this each morning when I wake and before I go to bed.
- Download and print out your own affirmations worksheet below to use as a guide for manifestation. Stick it on your mirror/journal/vision board, or anywhere you can easily access it throughout the day so that it can serve as a constant reminder to you.
- Alternatively, you can check out our Daily Positive Affirmations Cards which are designed and organized for you. All you need to do is print them and take them everywhere you go!
- Be patient! It usually takes a month or so to see changes.
How Do Affirmations Help You to Improve in Soccer?
Affirmations are positive statements or phrases that you repeat to yourself over and over again.
They’re meant to help you create new habits in your brain by making them feel like they’ve already happened.
For example, if you say “I am a great soccer player,” over and over again, eventually your brain starts feeling like it’s true—and then it will start acting like it’s true!
If you keep saying this affirmation every day for a few weeks, you’ll see big changes in how well you play soccer.
The next time you’re playing soccer, try repeating an affirmation before each game: “I am a great soccer player,” or “My teammates can rely on me today.”
You’ll see how this simple change in mindset can make all the difference in your performance!
Do Professional Players Use Positive Affirmations Too?
Yes, they do.
In fact, many professional players have been known to use this technique to keep themselves motivated and focused on their goals.
Not only that, coaches and mentors often use these in their training sessions, as well as during competitions or matches.
They can help the player to stay calm and focused on what they are doing, and also visualize how a match will turn out for them.
Don’t take my word for it. Hear it from one of the best players in the world: Mohamed Salah. (subtitles included)
Top 8 Ways to Improve Your Soccer Skills
The game of soccer is a beautiful one, and it’s not just about being able to kick the ball really hard. It’s about skill, finesse, and teamwork.
If you’re looking to improve your soccer skills, here are eight quick tips that will help you get better.
- Practice dribbling with both feet
- Make sure your passes are accurate
- Don’t forget to look out for where your opponents are on the field
- Keep your head up when playing defense
- Know the rules of the game inside and out
- Get in shape before playing a match by running for 30 minutes or doing some push-ups and sit-ups
- Pay attention during practice so that you can learn new techniques from your coach or teammates’ drills
- Have fun! That’s what soccer is all about anyway!
In Conclusion: Affirmations for Soccer Players
Soccer players, you can do this!
You’re more powerful than you think.
You have the power to be the best player on your team and win championships.
You also have the power to be a great teammate who supports others, even when they aren’t as good as you.
I hope this article has been helpful to you. I’ve shared my favorite affirmations for soccer players and how they can help you in your career as a player.
I’d love to hear what your favorite affirmation is, so feel free to leave it in the comments below!
What Affirmations to Read Next?