This is the first day of a new year, and it’s important to remember that each year presents us with new opportunities.
If you’re feeling tired, discouraged, or just generally uninspired, then this list is for you!
These affirmations will help remind you of all the things that are good about yourself and provide a source of motivation for your continued growth as a person.
I have picked out a few of my favorites to share in more detail with you, and you can also find a list of new year affirmations for more inspiration.
Thank you for being here. We are reader-supported. If have a minute, please try out the Headspace App. It is free to start and is the perfect companion for mindfulness, meditation, and improving the overall quality of your life.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Learn more on the disclosure page.
- I will be gentle with myself this year
- I am more capable than I give myself credit for
- I deserve to be happy
- I will remind myself of the ways in which I have grown, and the things that I have overcome
- I will not settle for relationships, environments, and circumstances in which I don’t feel safe or whole
- I make sure to continue to work on becoming the person who is capable of achieving my goals
- I can make this year count if I’m willing to put in the work
- How to Use Affirmations Effectively?
- List of Affirmations For The New Year
- In Conclusion: Happy New Year Affirmations
I will be gentle with myself this year
You are not a failure if you don’t achieve your goals.
You are not a failure if you fail to meet your own expectations.
This is the beginning of a new year, and it’s time to let go of all those things that no longer serve us or take up space in our minds.
And when I say “let go of,” I don’t mean that we should just forget about them—that would be impossible!
Instead, start by being more compassionate towards yourself and understanding what led you to make these decisions in the first place (e.g., being stressed out).
Then decide whether or not they matter enough for you to keep holding onto them anymore.
If so, write down the consequences of keeping them around; if not (and this can be hard!), then release yourself from their grip by forgiving yourself and moving forward with confidence that there will always be more opportunities ahead for growth and change!
I am more capable than I give myself credit for
Don’t limit your capabilities by allowing your weaknesses to define you.
Make a list of what you’re good at and work on improving your weaknesses.
You can do this by setting goals for yourself, learning from others, and asking for help when necessary.
I deserve to be happy
You deserve to be comfortable in your own skin.
The only thing stopping you from achieving that is self-doubt, so don’t make it harder on yourself than it needs to be!
Focus on your strengths instead of dwelling on the things that make us different or weird or awkward; being different has always been part of who we are anyway!
If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the past year (or maybe even my whole life), it’s that we all have our own unique strengths and weaknesses—some more defined than others—but they’re all part of what makes up who we are as individuals.
It can lead us down paths where happiness lies just around the corner waiting patiently until we figure out the best way to reach out and grab hold of something positive.
I will remind myself of the ways in which I have grown, and the things that I have overcome
It is easy to become discouraged when we compare ourselves to others, and fall into a negative mindset.
But it is important to remember that we are all unique individuals with unique experiences.
We should not forget our own triumphs, as they make us who we are.
I will not settle for relationships, environments, and circumstances in which I don’t feel safe or whole
You can’t be whole if you aren’t in a good relationship or environment.
You deserve to feel like yourself at all times—whether that means you need alone time or if it means you need to surround yourself with people who support who you are as an individual.
Your happiness should never change depending on whether or not certain relationships are present in your life at any given time because those relationships should come from a place of love, not obligation or fear of loneliness.
I make sure to continue to work on becoming the person who is capable of achieving my goals
To achieve your goals, you need to set them up for success.
If you’re not sure what your goals are, or if they’re too vague, then you should spend some time thinking about what you want to accomplish and how.
Once you have a solid answer to that question, write down your goals and make sure they’re specific enough so that when you look back on them later in life they won’t leave any room for misinterpretation.
I can make this year count if I’m willing to put in the work
You have so many tasks on your plate—so many goals you want to reach. And you feel like you can’t even get started.
But I’m here to tell you that it’s all about how you look at it.
If we’re going to make this year count, we need to be willing to put in the work.
We need to believe in our abilities and push ourselves outside of our comfort zones. It’s not going to be easy—but it will be worth it!
How to Use Affirmations Effectively?
- Identify the negative thoughts that you wish to get rid of or something that you wish to manifest. Affirmations work in both scenarios, but you need to be clear about what you want. This post about learning how to write affirmations might help you out.
- Use the following list as a source of inspiration and guidance. You may use any affirmation as it is, or modify it to make it your own. The key thing here is that the affirmations MUST resonate with you and is a statement you truly believe in.
- Pick out at least 2 affirmations and start using them.
- Begin a routine of practicing at least twice a day of reciting the affirmations with each session lasting 3-5 minutes. Repeat each one 10-15 times daily. You can do this in front of a mirror, speak out loud, or do it in your mind. Do not skip any sessions. I usually do this each morning when I wake and before I go to bed.
- Download and print out your own affirmations worksheet below to use as a guide for manifestation. Stick it on your mirror/journal/vision board, or anywhere you can easily access it throughout the day so that it can serve as a constant reminder to you.
- Alternatively, you can check out our Daily Positive Affirmations Cards which are designed and organized for you. All you need to do is print them and take them everywhere you go!
- Be patient! It usually takes a month or so to see changes.
List of Affirmations For The New Year
End of the year affirmations
Happy new year affirmations
New year’s affirmations
New year positive affirmations
Positive new year affirmations
- My happiness comes from within me.
- I always treat others the way I expect to be treated.
- I give myself permission to enjoy myself.
- I am strong and confident.
- I deserve everything I want in life.
- I am excited about my potential.
- Today I am going to bid farewell to old bad habits and welcome a positive change in my life.
- Everything in my life is improving.
- I am full of vitality.
- Life is happening for me; not to me.
- I am a strong and powerful person.
- I am proud of what I have accomplished.
- I acknowledge that I am doing my best.
- I am excited about my future.
- I deserve to be happy.
- I honor the obstacles and challenges I had to face.
- Every day I am becoming a better version of myself.
- Following my joy reveals the path to my best life.
- Every day of my life is full of happiness and joy.
- I release the need for someone else’s good opinion of me.
- I have the passion to fuel my progress.
- I am a channel for inspiration and motivation.
- I have everything that I need within me to achieve my goals and dreams.
- I choose to be happy every day of this new year.
- I know a positive attitude can bring me success.
- My happiness is reflected back to me in everything I attract.
- I am excited about what’s to come.
- I’m going to only focus on things I can control and let go of worry about the rest.
- I return to the basics of life: forgiveness, courage, gratitude, love, and humor.
- My body, mind, and spirit are powerful and profound.
- I forgive myself.
- I start the new year, and continue every day, sending and receiving peace and love.
- I’m ready to take responsibility and do what it takes to start living my dream life.
- I celebrate the abundance of everything in my life.
- I have complete confidence in myself and my path.
- I surrender my timeline and agenda to a Higher Power.
- I have a great job with good pay.
- I am feeling light and at ease.
- I am powerful. I am consistent. I am strong. I am open-minded. I am in control.
- This is my year.
- I will celebrate my small successes.
- This year is going to be a great and wonderful year for me.
- I have all the skills I need.
- I am feeling happy with myself as a person.
- Being kind toward others is very important to me, and I exercise kindness throughout my day.
- I am confident, happy, healthy, and powerful.
- I see problems as challenges that evolve me and make me grow.
- Now is the time to go after my dreams.
- Today is a great day to be alive!
- Where I think I am lost, I am ready to feel found.
Browse made-for-you Encouragement Cards now!
Only $4 for each set
- I am ready to take action.
- I am creating the possibility of happiness for others by being happy.
- I let go of the past and I welcome the future.
- Everything is happening around me. I am truly taken care of.
- I have the vision.
- I am ready for a fresh new start.
- I accept change and I accept growth.
- I appreciate those who support me.
- Everything I do turns into success.
- This year, I’m making myself a priority.
- I embrace the mindset of abundance.
- I am worthy of feeling happy.
- I am willing to be kinder to myself.
- I’m determined to go ahead and achieve my dreams.
- I choose to embrace the mystery of life.
- As I feel happy, I am manifesting more reasons to be happy.
- A wonderful, productive, and successful time is starting now.
- I’m ready for a new beginning.
- It does not matter what other people say or do.
- I create the possibility of happiness for others by being happy.
- I am clear and confident in my personal choices.
- I am making myself a priority this year.
- This is my opportunity.
- This is my time to have a better life.
- Every day I’m going to be more mindful of all of the small blessings that I should be thankful for.
- Now is my time to shine.
- I am grateful for the lessons I learned in the past year.
- I choose to see the world with more love.
- As I focus on compassion, I naturally relate to others with love and understanding.
- Prosperity flows to and through me.
- This year is the time to take action.
- I am starting the new year with positivity.
- I welcome peace and harmony in my life.
- I am the creator of my own happiness.
- I am succeeding in life.
- I am not afraid of what could go wrong. I am excited about what could go right.
- This new year, I am creating healthy boundaries for myself.
- I accept that happiness is my true nature.
- Every day my confidence is growing.
- I cannot wait to change my life.
- Now is my time to make an impact.
- My confidence, positive attitude, and self-belief are my biggest assets to take me a step closer to my success.
- Everything is under control.
- I’m leaving my past and regrets behind me.
- It feels great to appreciate others and be appreciated.
- I release the habit of fear and choose the habit of love.
- I am blessed to have everything in my life to make it successful.
- I am determined to move forward.
- Each day even if it’s for a few minutes I’m going to stop and be grateful for all of life’s beauty.
- I am harder than all the challenges and hurdles lying in my way.
- I am naturally confident and at ease in my own life.
- I am willing to be happy now.
- I am experiencing joy in everything I do.
- Every situation is easy for me to handle.
- I am meant to live a happy life.
- I accept all of myself unconditionally.
- My choice to be happy is keeping me in perfect health.
- I allow myself to be who I truly am.
- Joy is the essence of my being.
- I will be more patient with myself in the new year.
- I am confident in my skills and gifts.
- I am becoming calm with every breath I take.
- Happiness is a choice. I base my happiness on my own accomplishments and the blessings I’ve been given.
- I will make time for self-care.
- I am grateful to those who have shown their support for me.
- I have the freedom and power to create the life I desire.
- I believe in my abilities.
- I will succeed by attracting people who can help me.
- I am competent, smart, and able.
- I choose to have more compassion for those around me.
- I am ready to receive love, happiness, and success in my life.
- I trust that everything will work out for me.
- I love and respect myself.
- My life is a blessing.
- This is a year of positive change, and I welcome it with open arms.
- I am attracting positive healing energy to myself.
- As I forgive myself, it becomes easier to forgive others.
- I have all that I need to get through this day.
- Day by day, my financial condition is improving.
- Success comes easily to me.
- This new year is going to be a year of transformation for me.
- I am motivated, positive, and confident in my life vision.
- I feel healthy and full of energy.
- I am open to receiving unexpected opportunities.
- I am eager to move forward with my goals.
- I will strive to practice gratitude.
- I will find moments of peace amidst these unprecedented times.
- Now is the time to carve a new path.
- I choose to be kind to myself and love myself unconditionally.
- All the good in my life comes to me as a result of my willingness to find happiness in each moment.
- I am capable of attracting daily abundance.
- I radiate love and self-confidence.
- I create my own future.
- I love the person that I am becoming.
- I am in full control of my life.
- I release the fear of failure.
- The life I’ve always dreamed of is created by my choice to be joyful now.
- I am independent and in control of my life.
- My inner joy is the source of all the good in my life.
- I have found the love of my life in this new year – me.
- I am prepared for my wildest dreams to come true.
- This year, my dreams are coming true.
- The best time for new beginnings is right now.
- I am allowing myself to feel good.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- I am the architect of my fate. I can achieve what I have dreamt for myself.
- I attract positivity.
- I am optimistic about what’s to come.
- I am creating a life that feels good and I am in charge of my happiness.
- I enter the new year with an open mind and an open heart.
- My vibe attracts my tribe. I am committed to raising my vibration.
- All is well in my world. I am calm, happy, and content.
- I am worthy of good experiences.
- I am attuned to the abundance of success.
- I am able to stay connected.
- My happy thoughts help create a healthy body.
- I am exactly where I am supposed to be.
- I am thankful for the opportunities that I had and the new opportunities that are coming.
- I am growing and changing for the better.
- I am thankful for the fresh start.
- Joy is my birthright.
- I make the decisions for myself.
- I listen with love to my body’s messages.
- I have unlimited potential. Only good lies before me.
- I am my best source of motivation.
- I am ready to design the life of my dreams.
- I choose happiness over being right.
- I am thankful that with each experience I become a better version of myself.
- I have a clear vision for my life.
- I am committed to making gratitude a daily habit.
- Better things come my way.
- Day by day and thought by thought, I am creating my ideal life.
- I let go of any fear.
- I am grateful for everything, the good and the bad because it made me.
- I believe in myself.
- I am proud of how far I’ve come.
- Now is my time to thrive.
- What matters is how I choose to react and what I choose to believe about myself.
- I am happy with who I am and can be.
- I am eager to get activated.
- Today I am prepared for success, love, happiness, peace, joy, and abundance!
- Money is flowing now to my bank account from various sources.
- I am humble yet confident.
- When I say “Happy New Year!”, I know this year is gonna be the happiest.
- I am worthy, wise, and wonderful. Confidence comes naturally to me.
- I can see the goodness all around me.
- I am worthy of all that is good.
- I can achieve anything I put my mind on.
- I make feeling good my highest priority.
- I make plans, visualize my goals, and move toward accomplishing them.
- I let go of the need to do everything perfectly.
- I am humble and continue to learn every day.
- I know I can achieve anything I want in life.
- I am committed to creating the life I envision.
- I’m going to take consistent action over the course of the year to achieve desired results.
- I have now all the money I need.
- Day by day, more and more sunshine is filling my life.
- I acknowledge that my feelings are valid.
- I am at home in my body.
- Everything is working out for my highest good.
- The happiness I feel is felt by everyone around me.
- My inner joy expands when I share it with others.
- I am grateful for every day.
- I am in alignment with my goals.
- I am ready to live a better life.
- I am worthy enough to follow my dreams and manifest my desires.
- I deserve all that is good.
- I am stepping into the most successful year of my life.
In Conclusion: Happy New Year Affirmations
Remember that it’s completely up to you what kind of year this is going to be.
If you’re willing to put in the work, then it can be one filled with good things and happiness.
You deserve to be happy and not just “okay” all the time!
So don’t let yourself settle for anything less than what your heart desires – because there’s so much out there waiting for us if we just reach out and grab hold of it!
If you enjoy topics like this, be sure to join our Happiness Newsletter where over 1,000 people receive curated resources each Sunday to help them better their lives right now! ⬇️
What Affirmations to Read Next?