If you have ever felt like your motivation was heading south then you’re not alone. Burnout is a very real psychological phenomenon impacting many people every day. If you need a little boost in the motivation or inspiration department, then I think burnout affirmations are the way to go.
Start taking charge of your emotions and get ahead of stress caused by burnout starting today. When you succeed in overcoming it, that’s when you will see a huge boost in productivity, creativity, and excellence in your work.
Before you go on, consider joining our mailing list to get access to a library of free affirmations resources.
Thank you for being here. We are reader-supported. If have a minute, please try out the Headspace App. It is free to start and is the perfect companion for mindfulness, meditation, and improving the overall quality of your life.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Learn more on the disclosure page.
What is burnout?
Burnout is a state of physical and mental exhaustion.
Everyone experiences burnout in their own way, but this state of apathy and hopelessness commonly occurs when you feel completely overwhelmed and exhausted by your responsibilities.
There’s often a pervasive sense that your day-to-day situation is beyond your control.
Burnout causes feelings of detachment and despair, coupled with an overwhelming sense of being trapped.
Burnout can lead to depression and other serious mental illnesses. It’s important to keep a check on burnout because it’s a terrible thing to live with and can be very damaging over the long term.
How can burnout affirmations help you out?
It’s no secret that stress at work can harm our productivity, health, and relationships. It’s an epidemic today. You see evidence of it everywhere.
I suffered from stress and burnout in my work career and I know how hard it can be to overcome stress at work.
On days when I felt like giving up, I used affirmations to help me relieve workplace stress and to stick with my job. Using affirmations helped me heal myself and they might help you too!
Affirmations are positive statements that help get you in the right frame of mind to face whatever is going on in your life.
Affirmations can be anything that helps you improve your mood, and also provide a general sense of positivity and well-being.
When things become hard, this is where growth happens and obstacles are overcome. He who masters stress is the one who succeeds.
How to Use Affirmations Effectively?
- Identify the negative thoughts that you wish to get rid of or something that you wish to manifest. Affirmations work in both scenarios, but you need to be clear about what you want. This post about learning how to write affirmations might help you out.
- Use the following list as a source of inspiration and guidance. You may use any affirmation as it is, or modify it to make it your own. The key thing here is that the affirmations MUST resonate with you and is a statement you truly believe in.
- Pick out at least 2 affirmations and start using them.
- Begin a routine of practicing at least twice a day of reciting the affirmations with each session lasting 3-5 minutes. Repeat each one 10-15 times daily. You can do this in front of a mirror, speak out loud, or do it in your mind. Do not skip any sessions. I usually do this each morning when I wake and before I go to bed.
- Download and print out your own affirmations worksheet below to use as a guide for manifestation. Stick it on your mirror/journal/vision board, or anywhere you can easily access it throughout the day so that it can serve as a constant reminder to you.
- Alternatively, you can check out our Daily Positive Affirmations Cards which are designed and organized for you. All you need to do is print them and take them everywhere you go!
- Be patient! It usually takes a month or so to see changes.
List of Affirmations To Overcome Burnout
In the list below, you will find a wide range of positive affirmations that will get you into the right positive mindset, leaving negativity behind.
Make use of them to conquer your workplace stress, job hunt woes, interview fears, or any related situations.
You can use them as they are or as a reference to form your own affirmations.
Positive affirmations for workplace stress
Positive affirmations for difficult colleagues
Positive affirmations for a difficult boss
Positive affirmations for burnout at work
Positive affirmations for a big presentation
- Today I allow time for self-care and rejuvenation.
- Today, I choose to assume positive intent on my boss’s part because I know they want what is best for me too.
- I understand my purpose and I know exactly how to accomplish it in the finest and best ways possible.
- Today, I am ending work burnout because this is what I want for myself.
- My family is supportive of the new adventure I’m starting by opening a small business, and they want to help in any way they can.
- There is nothing stopping me from achieving my career goal because I know exactly where I’m going.
- My relaxed state isn’t dependent on any one thing – it’s about how relaxed I am with my choices.
- I am skilled at finding the good part in every situation – even at work.
- Taking career risks isn’t scary to me anymore because they only lead to new opportunities that are for my highest benefit.
- Nothing can upset or overwhelm me.
- Stress and work pressure have no place in my life.
- My well-being is my top priority.
- I accept valuable feedback with gratitude, and I let go of feedback that doesn’t serve me.
- My boss has joy in her heart from knowing she’ll be able to reward me soon!
- What I say I am, I become.
- Today, I choose to see my workplace relationships in a positive light.
- Entrepreneurs do hard things, but I’m fully capable of making something truly incredible happen.
- I am happier and healthier than I was yesterday.
- Quitting my job is a sign that I’m ready for more.
- I release my need to control the future, and I choose to focus on allowing the best to happen.
- I love how relaxed and refreshed my body feels when I take time away from work.
- I’m excited to learn new things about my job.
- Done is better than perfect.
- I will let nothing stand in the way of me achieving success with my new venture.
- I work to live, not live to work.
- I choose to be present, moment to moment, as life unfolds around me.
- I am letting go of negative thoughts and emotions so that I can see clearly what the right choice is for me.
- I take things one day at a time.
- It’s okay to work hard, but it’s not okay to work so hard that my work is no longer effective.
- I’m excited about what a raise brings – more money, more security, and a better work-life balance.
- As my breathing gets slower and deeper, I sense tension flowing out of my mind.
- I have everything within my grasp to be successful.
- There is no harm in asking for some time to learn new things before executing them.
- Good things happen naturally to me.
- I release the need to dwell on bad feelings.
- This is not the end of the world. I will start again tomorrow.
- I am releasing the negative energy from my body.
- Delegation isn’t failure. It’s okay to ask for help.
- I’m not alone. I have options.
- I know that if I communicate effectively, a positive outcome will always be possible.
- I know that at the end of the day, I’m in charge of my happiness and no one can take away my inner peace.
- Today is today, not every day.
- In every circumstance, ask yourself, what would love require of me?
- I know that quitting my job is the right choice for me.
- I know my worth and am confident that my request for a raise will be well-received.
- The people at my new job or company are so happy to have me there, working from home.
- I know that I am a great person to work with, and I can see it in how others treat me.
- I am letting go of fear and doubt as I make this decision.
- Unwinding for some time will help me perform better.
- I choose a peaceful and stress-free life.
Our First Book:
The Art Of Reinventing Yourself
Get yours for only $9.90 right now!
- I am confident in my own abilities, and I trust that my boss is too.
- Every mistake is an opportunity to learn.
- Being burnt out at work is only temporary because it’s just a phase.
- I am my only obstacle.
- I am a team player and can get along well with others.
- I am doing career work that I find meaningful and fulfilling because this career is for me.
- I bring a positive attitude to work every day.
- I deserve respect and recognition.
- I lift up and value all of my workplace relationships.
- I am blessed to live the life I have created.
- Rest is work, too. It’s a job that needs to be done.
- I feel secure knowing that I am doing great work, even if my boss doesn’t acknowledge all the ways I show up for my coworkers and company.
- I have it within me to overcome any challenges I might face today.
- I have a career plan for myself that’s precise and deliberate, which means I am constantly making progress towards my career goals.
- I know my coworkers are here to help me, which is why I treat them with kindness and respect.
- I am responsible for how I respond to the world around me. The world doesn’t owe me anything.
- I know that the smallest seed can grow into an incredible tree, and this is just like that!
- I have everything I need to make today great.
- I am calm and confident in my material, and I know I will do a great job.
- Peace and joy are filling my life.
- I am doing the best I can.
- I choose to react positively to any situation I come across.
- Even if my boss is in a bad mood today, I know this is not really about me.
- I feel comfortable interacting and working with people.
- It feels good to let go of negative thoughts about quitting my job.
- Today I choose joy.
- Every day I am learning to become a better me.
- I accept the challenges ahead of me at my workplace, and I know I have the strength to overcome them.
- This job is what I do and I do it well. But it does not define who I am.
- Today is a gift. Life is short and nothing is guaranteed – don’t wait for anything.
- I love the privilege of working from home and am grateful for this opportunity.
- The more clear I get on what career path I want, the easier it is to take action.
- I can handle any conversation with my boss because nothing they say will tear me down today.
- My mistakes do not define me or my future performances.
- I release my desire to be perfect. I’m already good enough to be respected and loved.
- Today I am strong and healthy.
- Asking for help is not a sign of failure.
- I can’t make other people share my expectations.
- I bring my best self to every situation.
- I am right where I need to be. I embrace the challenges and opportunities facing me and I choose to learn and grow from them.
- There’s no way anything bad can happen once I start speaking because I feel fully comfortable with my material.
- I choose to focus on being grateful even when my boss doesn’t value my work.
- I am relaxed in the knowledge that all the work I’ve put in will lead to success today.
- Nothing can stop me from being successful because I have the power to create the life I want for myself.
- My life is heading in the right direction.
- I have put in the work and it will pay off.
- I sense love and support from my colleagues.
- My passion for what I do is powerful enough to motivate me in any situation.
- Every day I get closer to feeling at ease with my decision to work from home.
- I love myself the way I am.
- I know my career is going to keep getting better and better because I’m taking the right steps forward.
- I honor the tired feelings I have and know that they are there for a reason.
- Just like my work, my mind and heart need some attention as well.
- I am so grateful to have a job that I can do well.
- Burnout simply means that it’s time for me to take a break or get additional help/support in some way.
- I release the need for perfection.
- I embrace my best self today and I choose to live in a way that will bring peace and positivity to myself and others.
- A situation is neither good nor bad. It just is.
- Every day I am learning more about myself and what it takes to work from home successfully.
- I am calm and in control at work.
- One task at a time is enough.
- I have the power to let go of my workplace stress.
- I know there are ups and downs at work and I ride those waves with ease and flow.
- I took up a demanding job as a challenge.
- I am talented enough to complete the work on time.
- I’m so excited about starting a new chapter in my life.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to start a new job, and this feels like it will be an excellent fit for me.
- I trust my intuition with the steps I need to take for career development.
- I am at peace.
- Work is a place where I can bloom and blossom into the best version of myself.
- I surround myself with high-performing women.
- I am grateful for the opportunities and rewards of my job.
- When I have difficult conversations with my boss, I focus on being clear and concise.
- I know I am valuable, and so is my work.
- I am sure of what I need to say, and I will say it confidently.
- I feel peaceful, calm, and confident as I approach this new opportunity.
- I know that this presentation is important, and I’m totally relaxed about it.
- I am learning how to work more effectively while working from home, and I’m doing a great job!
- My worth is not defined by my to-do list.
- I know coworkers come and go at work, but the relationships we build together will last forever.
- My relationship with my boss will always be a priority because it’s important to me.
- I understand people have good and bad days, so I don’t take it personally if my coworkers are difficult at times.
- The right decisions are coming to me easily now.
- I approach everyone and everything with enthusiasm.
- I forgive myself for the mistakes committed in the past.
- I choose to address stress from a calm and peaceful place.
- My team respects and values my contribution.
- My boss is a person just like me.
- All I have is right now. Time will continue to move forward whether I do or not.
- I am free from stress.
- I am letting go of my fears and anxieties.
- Challenges are just opportunities to prove my worth.
- I am a positive influence on the world.
- I can feel the stress melting away.
- I’m finding so many new connections that can help me further my career.
- I will acknowledge where I need help and ask for it.
- I will politely refuse a new task if I am extremely uncomfortable.
- I know that I will find success in my career because I am working hard towards it.
- I choose to be calm and centered, regardless of the situation.
- I have such high-quality information to share and I can’t wait for people to hear it.
- I am passionate about my ultimate career goal, and this means it’s easy for me to feel successful already.
- I am letting go of my fears and worries with slow and deliberate deep breaths.
- I get credited for skill and effort at work.
- I trust my intuition and am always guided to make wise decisions.
- I am centered and at peace of mind.
- I love having new challenges and responsibilities – they push me to become better at what I do!
- Today I have a brain and a healthy body that allow me to see, taste, feel, hear, smell and touch the world around me with energy and gratitude.
- Every day I am learning how to relax my mind so that I can see clearly what the right choice for me is.
- I can do this as well as anybody else.
- My nerves are my body’s way of telling me that I need to take care of myself before my presentation.
- I am confident about my life and my abilities.
- I am fully prepared to take on this new challenge and make success happen.
- Happy and relaxed is my normal state of mind.
- I will perform to the best of my abilities.
- I am confident, patient, and relaxed about growing my small business because passion drives me forward.
- I’m not feeling it today, and that’s OK. Tomorrow is a new day.
- My boss sees the great job I have been doing and knows that a raise is deserved.
- I know that I can do anything that I put my mind to, even if it seems hard at first.
- This task will sharpen my hard and soft skills, and enable my professional growth.
- I go on vacations that spark joy.
- I am so deserving of the raise I’m asking for because I know how hard I’ve been working.
- I am calm and relaxed in pressure situations.
- Taking an hour to unplug and recharge my batteries will help me go 12 more.
- I know that I am a valuable contributor to my workplace.
- Getting a raise or promotion is something to celebrate, and I’m fully deserving of this raise/promotion.
- I am confident in my ability to work successfully from home every day.
- I exhale stress and inhale calmness.
- I’ve worked hard to get to where I am at work, and I love watching that work pay off.
- For every low, there is a high.
- I can do anything, but I can’t do everything.
- There is no hurdle I cannot get the better of when I put my mind to it.
- The more I appreciate my workplace relationships, the more positively they will respond back to me.
- My body is relaxed and I sense tension dissolving.
- I try to give my best in everything I do.
- My passion comes through in my work because this is what I love to do.
- I know my subject well, and I am good at communicating it.
- I am excited about the new challenges I’ll be facing as I raise capital for my small business.
- My workplace is a place where I feel safe, secure, and empowered.
- I allow myself to be open to new opportunities and possibilities.
- I am capable of learning all that I need when I need it.
- If I can change my thoughts, I can change anything.
- One day at a time, one step at a time.
- I have faith that this will all work out.
- I am in control of my life.
- I have been doing great work and it’s time for me to get compensated.
- My past cannot prevent me from succeeding now or in the future.
- I create boundaries at work so that people won’t cross them without permission.
- I know that my success at work benefits everyone in my life.
- I honor my feelings of nervousness about my presentation and choose to relax now.
- Everything is going to be okay.
- I know that my boss has good intentions.
- I recognize that I’m done with the burnout feeling, and it’s time to make some changes in my life.
- This too shall pass.
- Taking time away from work is rejuvenating for me, and the more I do it, the better.
- I am resourceful and make money easily.
- My manager isn’t a mind-reader, but they are there to support me.
- I am making career decisions with ease because I know I’m taking the right steps.
- My workplace is a positive environment, and I feel better every single day because of it.
- I am adept at handling any situation.
- I can communicate my needs and feelings.
- I choose carefully what goes onto my calendar.
- There are things I can’t change or have no control over. I am okay with that.
- It’s okay to pause and take a break… but don’t give up.
- I listen to my body and do what I need to make this burnout feeling go away.
- I am fully prepared for this presentation and know I’ll do an excellent job.
- My failures have made me a better entrepreneur.
- I am blessed with great coworkers who contribute positively to my workplace environment.
- I feel confident that I can handle whatever my workplace throws at me.
- Today I will make progress toward my goals.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to raise my family while working from home.
- I allow myself to fully rest and recharge because I deserve that.
- I don’t sweat the small stuff and I don’t take myself too seriously.
- I choose to be positive and confident.
- I am calm in the face of conflict.
- I draw on the support that surrounds me, in whatever form.
- I have so much good luck in life, and this shows up in my career as well.
- I release my need to impress others and I don’t need approval or permission from anyone.
- My mind is clear and I am thinking with clarity.
- I deserve to feel good at work and quitting my job is me reclaiming my power.
- People in my current job support my growth as a person and for my career.
- I’m excited to do such a good job with this presentation and see what good things happen for my career as a result.
- Every day in every way, I get better and better at giving myself what I need to be successful in my workplace.
- My coworkers are great people that I’m lucky to work with.
- Pressure situations bring out the best in me.
- I respect myself and deserve respect from others.
- I don’t rush through my life, other people’s time is just as valuable as my own.
- When coworkers ask me questions, I respond with kindness and respect.
- There will always be more work. I can’t finish everything right now.
- I am excited about the raise/promotion that I’m going to ask for because this means I can show off my best skills.
- I respect my new coworkers and boss, and I know they respect me too!
- I take breaks because I am worth it.
- I love my job and enjoy working with team members.
- My passion and purpose are guiding me through this process, and I love standing in my truth.
- I am living in grace.
- I deserve to be happy and successful.
- Seek the beauty in people, and they will seek and celebrate the beauty in you.
- If I don’t ask, the answer is always no. I ask for what I need because I deserve it.
- I go out of my way to meet people I admire.
- Even if I make mistakes, there’s still no reason to worry or stress out because it’s not going to last forever.
- Every day I spend learning the things I need to know to raise enough capital for my small business.
- I don’t compare myself to others. I am living my own version of happy.
- I’m so excited to start this new job and I can’t wait to see what wonderful things come from it.
- I am in control of my workplace environment.
- I am fully confident in my ability to do this job well.
- I am committed to being a better person today than I was yesterday.
- I don’t worry about other people’s acceptance or opinions.
- It’s only work.
- I am grateful for the opportunity each morning to wake up and start a new life.
- I accept myself with all my flaws and I don’t feel the need for approval.
- My nerves are calming down now as I remember that I’m relaxed and excited about this presentation.
- I exude strength, grace and flexibility.
- It is okay to make mistakes.
- Technical glitches are not in my hands, but I will figure out a backup and keep presenting.
- I have worked hard today, met my deadlines, and there is no harm is taking a short break before that meeting.
- I am brimming with energy and ready to face the day.
- We are all great coworkers who add to the workplace dynamic.
- Today, I give myself permission to accept the good in my coworkers and be grateful for the positive contributions they make to our environment.
Other Articles You Should Not Miss
- How many affirmations to use daily?
- How long do affirmations take to work?
- Mindfulness as a resource to reduce work stress
What Affirmations to Read Next?