The teachings of Buddha have benefited countless followers for thousands of years, and one of the most important lessons that one can take away is from this quote:
“All that we are is the result of what we have thought: it is founded on our thoughts and made up of our thoughts. What we think, we become”Gautama Buddha
It tells us of the power of our minds.
These wise words are closely related to the use of positive affirmations, where we aim to replace negative and self-limiting thoughts with positive and empowering ones. Thoughts that spur us to take action and manifest our goals and dreams.
They are also the perfect accompaniment to building up self-confidence and finding peace within oneself.
In this post, you will find a list of Buddha affirmations that will help you achieve that. Use them to form your own Buddhist mantras that you can use to achieve your goals and dreams.
Thank you for being here. We are reader-supported. If you have a minute, please try out the Headspace Meditation App. It is free to try out and is the perfect companion for mindfulness, meditation, and improving the overall quality of your life.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Learn more on the disclosure page.
How can Buddha affirmations benefit you?
You do not necessarily need to be a Buddhist or even religious to practice affirmations. Anyone can do it, and different people do so for many different reasons.
Some of us want more positivity in our lives, some need focus and discipline to achieve a goal, while others might be searching for inner peace, zen, and spirituality.
The list of Buddha affirmations below (some influenced by modern-day practitioners such as Tibetan Buddhist nun Ani Trime Lhamo) are scripted to mimic its teachings and are especially effective while meditating.
As you advance your practice, you improve your ability to visualize, relax, and improve your life potential.
How to use affirmations effectively?
- Identify the negative thoughts that you wish to get rid of or something that you wish to manifest. Affirmations work in both scenarios, but you need to be clear about what you want. This post about learning how to write affirmations might help you out.
- Use the following list as a source of inspiration and guidance. You may use any affirmation as it is, or modify it to make it your own. The key thing here is that the affirmations MUST resonate with you and is a statement you truly believe in.
- Pick out at least 2 affirmations and start using them.
- Begin a routine of practicing at least twice a day of reciting the affirmations with each session lasting 3-5 minutes. Repeat each one 10-15 times daily. You can do this in front of a mirror, speak out loud, or do it in your mind. Do not skip any sessions. I usually do this each morning when I wake and before I go to bed.
- Download and print out your own affirmations worksheet below to use as a guide for manifestation. Stick it on your mirror/journal/vision board, or anywhere you can easily access it throughout the day so that it can serve as a constant reminder to you.
- Alternatively, you can check out our Daily Positive Affirmations Cards which are designed and organized for you. All you need to do is print them and take them everywhere you go!
- Be patient! It usually takes a month or so to see changes.
List of Buddha Affirmations For Inner Peace
- Everything always works out for me.
- I love myself completely.
- l breathe, I will be patient and I will figure things out.
- I am open to receiving love.
- Today I seek enlightenment. Today I experience enlightenment. Today I am enlightened.
- Breathing in, I feel peace. Breathing out, I am peace.
- I give and receive love easily and joyfully.
- My path is peace. My mind is peace. My life is peace.
- I work diligently to make peace, love, and compassion my way of life.
- As scary as this feeling is, I know I can get through this.
- I am in complete charge of planning for my future.
- Everything that is coming will be better than what has gone because I am living in alignment with my truth.
- I bathe in unconditional love.
- My thoughts create my reality and I am the master of my thoughts.
- In this moment I choose not to create suffering.
- I trust myself.
- In this moment I can be open, spacious, and kind.
- I am open to the new beginnings that are flowing to me, I am manifesting all that aligns with my highest and greatest potential.
- I move forward with confidence; all is well in my life.
- I will grow into the best version of myself.
- The past has no power over me anymore.
- I am balanced, centered, and grounded.
- Today I am happy. Today I am peaceful. Today I am free from suffering!
- As everything changes, I remain at ease.
- I am the very embodiment of love and compassion in all my interactions with others.
- Today I am practicing right view in all my thoughts, words, and actions.
- I may feel out of control, but I still control my actions.
- My world is what I make of it and I choose to make it a compassionate place to be.
- The process of growth is ongoing and I acknowledge that each step in the journey is the destination I am seeking.
- I am surrendering to the flow of the Universe.
- I am grounded in acceptance.
- When I open my heart, my mind is free.
- I am always divinely guided towards my soul’s purpose.
- I am willing to let go of any thoughts of negativity.
- I attract loving people and relationships into my life.
- I love and accept myself for all past mistakes because I know these things were put in my path to help me become my greatest version.
- I am becoming my greatest version every single day.
- I make smart, calculated plans for my future.
- Everything works out for me in the most marvelous and unexpected ways.
- Today my inner lotus blossoms, as I release attachments and turn my face to the sun.
- The universe is conspiring to help me, everything that has happened and will happen is beneficial for my growth.
- I accept myself, I don’t need to seek acceptance from others.
- I will handle any anxiety attacks with a calm and logical perspective.
- I express love freely.
- Today I am achieving right concentration during my meditations.
- As love grows within me, my hatred goes away.
- I am willing to be present just in this moment.
- I breathe in universal love.
- I am willing to see that everyone seeks happiness.
- Every day I’m going to find some time to recharge my body and refuel my mind.
- I radiate love to all persons and places and things.
- Today I am practicing right mindfulness with all my thoughts, words, and actions.
- I am happy in my own skin.
- I am guided in my every step by Spirit who leads me towards what I must know and do.
- I always deserve love.
- I am worthy of being happy and doing great things.
- Wherever I go situations and circumstances improve.
- Today I am practicing right speech with every word I say.
- I know my wisdom guides me to the right decision.
- My life is only happening in one place: the present moment.
- Love radiates from me at all times.
- I practice Metta everywhere I go and in everything I do.
- People are just waiting to love me, and I allow them.
- Today I find the pearls of my enlightenment scattered along my path.
- I have everything I need to make my dreams come true within me.
- I project love to everyone I meet.
- I am superior to negative thoughts and low actions.
- Today I am practicing right action with everything I do.
- Nothing that has been done or said to me in the past affects my ability to be present.
- I nourish my soul and cater to my higher self.
- I acknowledge that judging myself for past mistakes will only hinder my growth, instead, I choose to love myself and become my strongest version.
- I let go of worries that drain my energy.
- I believe in my ability to manifest anything I desire.
- I plant the seed of joy in the world.
- Love comes to me easily and effortlessly.
- I am using my thoughts, beliefs, and actions to create the lifestyle I desire.
- I am aligned with what I desire.
- I am allowed to distance myself from people and situations that disturb my peace.
- The purpose of this internal battle is my path to attaining peace. Peace is within. I am at peace.
- I am evolving every single day and releasing attachment to who I once was.
- Today I release my attachment to the transitory circumstances and appearances.
- I welcome opportunities for new beginnings.
- My visions and purpose are clear to me.
- Only good can come to me today.
- I attract amazing people.
- Today I clearly see the beauty in a flower and my whole world changes.
- I accept myself, all my flaws and mistakes for it has led me this way.
- I now feel loved and appreciated by my parents, my friends.
- I trust that everything that has happened so far has prepared me for what is coming next.
- I create my reality.
- Today I am practicing right intention with all my thoughts, words, and actions.
- Today I am practicing right livelihood in your job and in all your career choices.
- I express love to all those I meet.
- I take refuge in the Buddha. I take refuge in the Dharma. I take refuge in the Sangha.
- I am going to stay positive. I am going to stay focused. I am not going to let dark thoughts trap me. My mind has power.
- Today I am practicing right effort with all my thoughts, words, and actions.
- I allow all that I desire to flow to me quickly, effortlessly, and continuously.
- May I be happy. May I be peaceful. May I be free from suffering.
- Happiness is a choice.
- As I give love, I am instantly supplied with more.
Our First Book:
The Art Of Reinventing Yourself
Get yours for only $12 right now!
- I compare myself only to my highest self.
- I define myself by what I choose to do in the present.
- Today and every day, I am committed to my meditation practice.
- I can handle anything and everything life throws at me.
- I love and accept myself exactly as I am.
- With every breath, I inhale positivity and exhale my negativity.
- I love and approve of myself; I am at peace with myself.
- The great teachers of the past showed me the way and today I am making the effort to follow their path.
- I am radiating love.
- I am ready for change.
- I am a radiant being filled with light and love.
- Others love me easily and joyfully.
- I have the courage in me to walk away from situations that are toxic for me. I know that I deserve better.
- Nirvana is mine when I have the strength to choose it.
Other articles you should not miss:
- What is an affirmation letter and how to write one?
- How long does it take for affirmations to work?
- Teachings of Buddha
What Affirmations to Read Next?