Get a copy of our Life-Changing book: The Art of Reinventing Yourself
Are you easily defeated? Do thoughts like “I’m not good enough” or “I can’t do this” run through your head when facing challenges? Well, you’re not alone. We all fall prey to negative self-talk sometimes.
Here’s what you need to know about that kind of thinking, and how to start overcoming it with affirmations for uncertainty.
Confidence is key to living the life you want. In this post, you are going to learn how to stop worrying, breathe right, and feel good.
Create a new life story based on gratitude and appreciation! Replace fear and uncertainty with resilience!
Thank you for being here. We are reader-supported. If have a minute, please try out the Headspace App. It is free to start and is the perfect companion for mindfulness, meditation, and improving the overall quality of your life.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Learn more on the disclosure page.
Uncertainty causes stress
Uncertainty makes it difficult for us to plan for the future.
Our brains usually make future decisions based on our prior experiences. We can’t rely on prior experiences to guide our decision-making when the future is uncertain or we’re experiencing something new.
We can feel nervous about the future if we don’t have that tool, running through many situations and fretting about them.
According to Dr Patel-Dunn, fear of the unknown can cause a physiological state of stress.
Stress causes physical changes such as hormone surges and an elevated heart rate because it activates our fight-or-flight response.
Chronic stress can have a bad influence on your health over time, increasing your risk of heart disease and cognitive loss.
Are you worrying too much?
There’s probably no need to be concerned about your emotional well-being or mental health if you have the occasional nervous thought.
Chronic worrying, on the other hand, can be a sign of something more serious, such as an anxiety condition.
Muscle tension, insomnia or poor sleep hygiene, stomach ache, back pain, and panic episodes are among physical indicators of anxiety.
Are anxiety and chronic stress interfering with your day-to-day activities, employment, or relationships?
If that’s the case, it’s time to start serious about learning how to quit worrying so much.
How to stop worrying so much?
For most people, worrying is something they do without even thinking about it. It’s a habit that may not have a significant impact on your life, but in most situations, it’s a habit you wish you didn’t have.
Here are some valuable advice gathered from experts that might help you out:
Practice mindfulness daily
Clearing your mind and relaxing in a quiet environment can do wonders for your health. Mindfulness and meditation can help you shift your focus away from unpleasant thoughts, reduce anxiety, and instill a sense of peace.
I recommend using a guided meditation app that can help you clear your mind and get you to relax.
Share your thoughts with friends and family
Even when you feel like being alone, connecting with others is a powerful way to enhance your emotional well-being.
Sharing your tension, anxiety, or worry with a family member or friend might help you keep things in perspective.
Our worries are frequently unreasonable, but they do not appear to be so in our own thoughts.
Talking to someone close might provide a fresh perspective on the situation and help you stop worrying.
Because it is more difficult to stop the pattern when you are sick or have little energy, your physical health is a crucial buffer against continual worrying.
Listening to music is also a terrific method to unwind and halt worrying in its tracks. Getting your blood pounding at the gym while wearing headphones can help you stop worrying right away.
Even basic stretches might help to alleviate anxiety. Endorphins are released when tension in the neck, back, legs, and arms is relieved.
Keep a journal
Do you want to figure out how to stop worrying? Maintaining your mental health and managing your anxiety requires regular check-ins with yourself.
We often feel distant from our emotions by the time we’re in a worry cycle. Maintaining a daily journal can assist you in seeing patterns and actively managing stress before your emotions become out of hand.
It becomes simpler to recognize when you’re starting to worry as you practice writing your emotions and discussing your views. Stopping worry early on will help you feel better and keep focused on what really matters.
Lots of people often overlook the importance of sleep and it’s not hard to see why.
It’s difficult to relax and get adequate sleep while your mind is racing. While you may believe that staying up late would help you “fix” your problems, a restful night’s sleep is generally preferable.
Minor anxieties can spark a stress response that lasts for days or weeks if you don’t get enough sleep.
Here are a few ways that might help:
- Before going to bed, do a little meditation or mindfulness exercise.
- Before you go to sleep, have a cup of soothing tea and read a book.
- Electronics should be turned off at least an hour before bedtime (social media is shown to be linked to anxiety)
- Use lavender, melatonin, or essential oils as natural sleep aids.
- If you can’t get your mind to stop racing, write down your thoughts in a journal
Have you ever paid attention to how you breathe when you’re at ease? Take a moment to notice how your body feels the next time you’re relaxed.
Consider how you breathe when you first get out of bed in the morning or shortly before you go to sleep. Breathing exercises might assist you in relaxing since they simulate how your body feels when it is already relaxed.
Check out this short video:
Affirmations are positive sentences that you create to address certain situations in your life. They help you to reword the way you say things and rewire your subconscious to think more positively.
Many health professionals recommend using them as a way to focus your thoughts and become more aligned with what you really want.
In uncertain situations, a positive affirmation such as “I know I can handle everything that is happening and going to happen in my life.” can help smooth out those fears and keep you grounded.
By constantly practicing and reciting affirmations, you reinforce those thoughts and strengthen your mind.
How to Use Affirmations Effectively?
- Identify the negative thoughts that you wish to get rid of or something that you wish to manifest. Affirmations work in both scenarios, but you need to be clear about what you want. This post about learning how to write affirmations might help you out.
- Use the following list as a source of inspiration and guidance. You may use any affirmation as it is, or modify it to make it your own. The key thing here is that the affirmations MUST resonate with you and is a statement you truly believe in.
- Pick out at least 2 affirmations and start using them.
- Begin a routine of practicing at least twice a day of reciting the affirmations with each session lasting 3-5 minutes. Repeat each one 10-15 times daily. You can do this in front of a mirror, speak out loud, or do it in your mind. Do not skip any sessions. I usually do this each morning when I wake and before I go to bed.
- Download and print out your own affirmations worksheet below to use as a guide for manifestation. Stick it on your mirror/journal/vision board, or anywhere you can easily access it throughout the day so that it can serve as a constant reminder to you.
- Alternatively, you can check out our Daily Positive Affirmations Cards which are designed and organized for you. All you need to do is print them and take them everywhere you go!
- Be patient! It usually takes a month or so to see changes.
List of Affirmations For Uncertainty So That You Can Overcome Them
- I am divinely protected.
- Though things around me may be uncertain, I am certain I will succeed.
- No matter what changes, I remain calm and centered.
- Things happen in divine order and in divine timing.
- I am choosing to be at peace with what happened, what is happening, and what will happen.
- There is so much to look forward to in my life.
- I see that everything in life has its own time and place, and I allow all to be as it is. I let go.
- I keep my mind free from clutter, stress and negativity.
- My business will survive this.
- I am thankful because I realize that a Higher Power is always guiding me to make the right decisions.
- I stay calm and still while allowing myself to breathe.
- I can become calm and still as I allow myself to breathe.
- This situation is making me stronger, and I am getting stronger every minute.
- I am the architect of my life, I build its foundation and choose its content.
- Things will work out for the best, and someday I will understand why I went through this.
- I have the ability to slow down and take slow breaths.
- I listen to my feelings.
- I have control over my thoughts.
- I am aware that I have to seek within myself to find the inner peace I have been longing for.
- I am approaching each day with childlike curiosity.
- I accept myself. I love myself deeply.
- I never feel alone or scared.
- I am choosing to accept what has happened and accept what will come.
- No matter what happens today, I will find joy and positivity in it.
- I am always being nudged into a new awareness of self.
- I am connected to my life, and I focus forward with love.
- Where I think I am lost, I am ready to feel found.
- I am working towards shedding all inhibitions and fear to accept life with an open mind.
- I will treat every uncertain situation as a learning opportunity.
- I am bigger than any negative thing that could possibly happen to me.
- I have come so far and will continue to move forward.
- Instead of trying to force situations to go a certain way, I trust the universe is working on my behalf.
- I trust that everything happening is for my greater good.
- I am open-minded enough to look for alternate solutions for all my problems.
- Everything that is happening now is truly for my highest good.
- My life is well balanced.
- I take it one day at a time.
- The setbacks in my life are actually opportunities for me to realign with my values and true worth.
- I focus on what I can control and I let go of what I can’t.
- All unpleasant experiences are temporary, and I am one step closer to getting through this.
- I am receptive to the peace of a grateful heart.
- I deserve everything I want in life.
- Inner joy radiates through my entire being.
- I always appreciate the roses than complain about the thorns.
- My heart will lead me to clarity, and I trust its wisdom.
- I believe I can do anything.
- I am filled with positive energy and overflow with joy.
- There is much to be grateful for in my life right now.
- My internal angst is a reflection of unhealed issues that need more love.
- Having a clear mind during uncertain times, comes naturally to me.
- I am ready to explore the path that life is taking me.
- I release control of things I cannot accept.
- I am mentally far stronger than I know.
- I am ready to encounter opportunities I never thought were possible.
- I am certain my potential and my purpose are divine.
- I am closer to finding what I am looking for and to living my vision.
- I love it when I feel relaxed, happy, and free.
- I have survived everything I have been through so far, and I will survive this, too.
- There are positive outcomes I am not yet aware of.
- My thoughts are organized.
- With every breath, I release the anxiety within me and I become more calm.
- I always know what to do at the exact right time. I trust myself.
- I can feel the relaxation in my body and mind, when I realize my potential.
- I am proud of the way I take control of my mind.
- I can be at peace on the inside, no matter what happens on the outside.
- I am thankful for all I am and all I have.
- I have replaced feelings of overwhelm with faith that everything will work out.
- This is only temporary. The best is yet to come.
- I am going to let go of the things I cannot change.
- I am capable of making clear and correct decisions always.
- I know what I need in life, and I am capable of achieving the same.
- Uncertainties trigger my curiosity to learn more from life than I ever thought of.
- I will find the good in all moments today.
- I don’t overthink my situation.
- I feel what needs to come up and be present with what is. As I feel, I heal.
- I will not get bogged down or disturbed by any obstacle.
- I am in charge of how I feel today. Today I am choosing happiness.
- Setbacks do not define me. They nudge me into new awareness.
- I can relax and be calm even if things are uncertain.
- I surrender to a greater plan, beyond my understanding.
- I am training myself to become curious, joyful, and full of wonder.
- I have almost reached the last step to achieve my dreams.
- I believe in myself and trust my higher self to guide me through this process.
- I am safe and everything is good in my world.
- I am not attached to the outcome or situation in my life.
- I am in the process of exploring who I might be.
- If I decide to be happy, I will be happy.
- I have encountered many storms in my life and passed them beautifully; therefore, I can stand up to any uncertainty with confidence.
- I have the freedom and power to create the life I desire.
- I will work on the mantra that process is more important than results while dealing with uncertainties.
- I choose hope. I choose love. I choose happiness. I choose life.
- I am flexible and willing to try new things to achieve my goals.
- I can be guided by a Higher Power in my every step.
- The truth is I am blessed, loved, and supported.
- I have the potential to wade through all uncertainties.
- I let go of fear because it doesn’t serve me. I allow calm and wisdom to enter my life.
- I release the pain that I am holding in my heart.
- I am calm and centered. I am in control of my emotions.
- I am creative enough, brave enough and capable enough to pivot. I will do everything I can to rise, persevere and overcome.
- When I focus on ideas, I can help manifest my dreams.
- I am a source of light and love.
- I am aware of everything that happens in my life, and I choose the path of peace.
- I am fully equipped to create what I want and need.
- My body is in good health. My body can heal from anything that comes my way.
- I focus my energy on my dreams and goals.
- I am peaceful.
- I let go of what I can’t change and accept what is.
- Each day I am grateful for how loved I am and the many people that care about me.
- Everything I need in life comes to me easily. Everything I need in life comes to me at the right time.
- I inspire my inner vision.
- I give myself a mental makeover by dropping from my head to my heart.
- I will not let my anxious thoughts have power over me.
- With every passing day, I can see that I am becoming calmer and more positive.
- I don’t feel fearful, as I can see the beauty of my life in every small thing around me.
- I have a clear vision of my blessed purpose.
- My understanding is expanding with every breath.
- I give up freely what is no longer serving me. I release it to create space for what inspires me.
- I possess the qualities I need to find solutions.
- I trust there is a way to create what I want.
- I know that I cannot change or control certain things in my life, and I let them be.
- I will keep all situations and circumstances in proper perspective.
- I am grateful for past opportunities and the new ones that will be presented to me.
- I have released all irrational feelings of fear.
- My heart will guide the way to happiness and health.
- I can choose to focus on the blessings.
- I am capable of adjusting to new situations successfully.
- There is much in my life to look forward to.
- My life is in perfect balance as I turn my attention to what I appreciate most.
- I am safe in this very moment.
- I can find joy in the little things.
- I have a loving and supportive family around me.
- I know that things aren’t going my way; everything happens for a reason.
- My thoughts are filled with positivity and my life is plentiful with prosperity.
- I have replaced feeling like a victim with total accountability for my actions.
- I welcome miracles into my life.
- I acknowledge my own self-worth.
- I take time to think when I need to.
- I trust my intuition to guide me in the right direction.
- People compliment me for my confidence and clear mind.
- I forgive myself for ever inflating the severity of my problems.
- Every small event in my life happens in the order and time already decided by a Higher Power.
- I am worthy and deserve good things.
- I am finding the courage to take the next right step.
- I trust the process of life.
- I feel connected to my purposes and see how everything works together.
- Self love isn’t selfish, it’s important.
- I am connected to my source energy, which is love and light.
- There is good coming into my life and it will arrive sooner than I expect.
- I am blessed with the learning opportunities in my life.
- I am curious enough to appreciate the vastness of life.
Our First Book:
The Art Of Reinventing Yourself
Get yours for only $9.90 right now!
- I can share my mind openly with my friends and family.
- I believe my potential and my purpose are divine.
- I embrace all that’s good and positive around me.
- I am able to slow down and take slow breaths.
- I will be present in all things and thankful for all things.
- I am not afraid to ask for help.
- I am always happy and healthy.
- I know I can handle everything that is happening and going to happen in my life.
- I find revelation in my stillness.
- I am safe, I am healthy, I am well.
- I have the ability to handle any challenge I face with strength and courage.
- I am Divine and being calm and still is part of my nature.
- My mind can be at ease and my body relaxed.
- I can get through anything life may unfold for me.
- I can think clearly and solve problems. I am focused and disciplined.
- I am creative and always come up with innovative solutions for every bouncer thrown at me.
- My path is fixed toward living a life I love and I can walk it.
- I am healing more and more every day.
- I am in charge of my breathing. I can slow it down.
- I never divert my focus away from my goals and dreams.
- I release all negative emotions that don’t serve me.
- I am confident in my future.
- I believe in my ability to figure things out.
- As I seek inward to take comfort in my pain, I feel what I need to as I move through my emotional journey.
- Everything is always working out for me. Everything is always working out in my favor.
- I create it, I see it often. I ordain it. I manifest it and I myself do achieve it!
- Joy, joy, joy is now filling my life.
- I am excited to experience all the happiness and peace that lie ahead of me.
- No one can stop me from living the way I want.
- I don’t let anxiety or fear overcome me.
- I know I am privileged, and I will always be grateful for the same.
- I am protected and guided at all times. The Universe is on my side.
- I feel safe physically and mentally.
- I am capable of overcoming every obstacle and challenge.
- I am free in mind and body of obsessions and compulsions.
- I am in charge of my emotions, and I am choosing to be happy.
- I will thrive, prosper, and have joy.
- I am happy and content in this moment.
- I am gentle with myself in transition.
- I can see a beautiful path that I am walking towards, in my life.
- I choose to be grateful no matter my circumstances.
- My life is a perfect reflection of all I desire, and things I want flow to me naturally.
- If I am determined and work hard, I can do anything.
- Life is always working for me.
- My path is carved toward a living a life I love and I can walk it.
- I choose to feel my answer and proceed with clarity.
- I am gradually opening up to feel inner peace.
- I have enough.
- My efforts are being supported by a Force greater than me.
- I prefer feeling calm, clear, and focused.
- I can be a success story.
- Everything is temporary and only a short phase of my life.
- My goals are always flexible.
- I am becoming the best version of myself.
- There is nothing to analyze or do but to feel my answer.
- All is well in my world. Everything is working out for my highest good. Out of this situation only good will come. I am safe.
- Stillness is my therapy.
- I am stronger than I think I am.
- I release my instinctive tranquility to take over.
- I am becoming stronger every second.
- I trust my potential to be calm during critical situations.
- I can choose to replace my feelings with peace right now.
- I let go of the anger, judgment, and fear.
- I am more calm, trusting and positive.
- I have confidence/faith in something greater than my momentary fears.
- Clarity of mind is available to me.
Other articles that might interest you
- How to write an affirmation letter?
- Best manifestation courses
- How long does it take for affirmations to work?
What Affirmations to Read Next?