Get a copy of our Life-Changing book: The Art of Reinventing Yourself
173 Positive Affirmations for Nurses To Motivate and Inspire
In this post, you will find a list of affirmations for nurses to keep your spirits high, stay motivated, and excel at your job. Still studying to be a registered nurse? Don’t worry as we have included some of that good stuff in there too.
Nurses (in fact all healthcare professionals) are pretty much real life super heros, but with so much work to do and so little time to rest, how many of you are really feeling that way? If you are in this profession, motivation and inspiration can go a long way.
Each day as you go through the high intensity rigours of your work, find a a few small moments to gather your thoughts, be at peace, and remind yourself of the great things you are doing. Read on to find the list of daily affirmations you can use to help yourself.
* Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we will get a commission if you decide to buy something through them. There is no extra cost to you, but it can help support The Right Affirmations.
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are essentially short sentences that are positive and encourage affirmative actions. They might not have happened yet, but the outcome is something you wish to manifest. It turns your doubts, fears, and negativity around and put them in a positive light. It is a powerful method in the Law of Attraction that helps you reach your goals and dreams.
For example, you might have fears and doubts in your job as a nurse and you start to develop negative thoughts such as “I can’t do this job”, “Others are so much better than me”. What happens is that these sayings will become self fulfilling prophesies, and as you can imagine, this will not lead you to the outcome you want.
Instead, you need to start rewiring your thoughts and by using positive affirmations like the ones below, you program your mind to think and behave like you are already in that position. The more you recite, the stronger your belief, and the more you will act like it.
Over time, you learn to trust yourself instinctively. It is amazing what our minds can do.
What about you? What are your intentions and what do you wish to manifest?
Benefits of affirmations for nurses
Nurses work one of the highest stress jobs in the world, period. Each and everyday, they go through challenging situations which can take a toll on your physical and mental health.
This can be very damaging and lead to nurse burnout, a very real phenomenon that leads to nurses having low motivation, low energy, and low efficiency. In fact, almost 31.5% of nurses who left their profession in 2018 was due to burnout.
As a professional nurse, you need to know how to manage this so that you can prolong the career that you have worked hard for and be happy doing it.
Which is why, taking care of yourself is the most important first step you need to take. Exercise and a good diet will certainly help too, and don’t forget your daily dose of affirmations to help keep your moods high and turn on that productivity engine!
How to use affirmations?
- Identify the negative thoughts that you wish to get rid of or something that you wish to manifest. Affirmations work in both scenarios, but you need to be clear about what you want.
- Use the following list as a source of inspiration and guidance. You may use any affirmation as it is, or modify it to make it your own. The key thing here is that the affirmations MUST resonate with you and is a statement you truly believe in.
- Pick out at least 2 affirmations and start using them.
- Begin a routine of practicing at least twice a day of reciting the affirmations with each session lasting 3-5 minutes. Repeat each one 10-15 times daily. You can do this in front of a mirror, or speak out loud, or do it in your mind. Do not skip any sessions.
- Download and print out your own affirmations worksheet below to use as a guide for manifestation. Stick it on your mirror/journal/vision board, or anywhere you can easily access throughout the day so that it can serve as a constant reminder to you.
- Alternatively, you can check out our Daily Positive Affirmations Cards that is designed and organized for you. All you need to do is print them and take it everywhere you go!
- Be patient! It usually takes a month or so to see results.
List Of Nurse Affirmations For Both Experienced And New Nurses
Take your time to browse through the entire list. Each sentence can be very personal to an individual, and can be the basis of reciting everyday.
You might be a newbie starting out, an experienced nurse who is experiencing burnout, or possibly a nursing student trying to fulfil your dreams. Whichever stage you are in, this list will help give you inspiration to develop your own affirmations.
Remember to get your own affirmations worksheet and get started right now!
Affirmations to be a good nurse
Confidence affirmations for nurses
Nursing student affirmations to succeed
Affirmations for registered nurses
Affirmations to help nurses release stress
Affirmations to become a nurse
Nurses success affirmations
Positive affirmations for healthcare professionals
- I’m meant to be a nurse.
- While I cannot control how others act, I do determine my responses.
- I earn A’s on every exam.
- I will be a wonderful nurse.
- I let go of all things that do not serve me.
- I let go of stress and anxiety.
- I am faultless at the workplace.
- My happiness is always my choice.
- Everything I need is within me.
- I can make a difference.
- I have things to be grateful for.
- I am a good nurse.
- I have faith in myself.
- I am respectful to my coworkers.
- I excel in clinicals.
- I am compassionate to patients and families.
- I am in control of my feelings.
- I am energized for the day ahead of me.
- I am a fast learner.
- I earned an “A” on medication checkoff.
- I love helping people.
- I can handle anything that happens.
- I am naturally patient and kind.
- I became a nurse to make a difference and I make a difference every day.
- I am a great nurse.
- I am relaxed and calm right now.
- I always know what to do.
- I will make all my patients smile.
- When it counts, I am the calm at the center of the storm.
- I care about my patients and they can feel it.
- I am great at my job.
- I will be an active listener.
- Today I am energized and ready.
- Breathing in, I control what I can control. Breathing out, I release what I cannot control.
- I will always do what’s best for the patient.
- I give the patients my best. I give the doctors my best. I give myself my best.
- I will become a wonderful nurse.
- I have survived hard times in the past and I will continue to survive.
- I always do what’s right.
- I earned an “A” on GNT checkoff.
- I’m proud of my efforts.
- I am allowed to have negative feelings but they won’t overwhelm me.
- I’m grateful for this days opportunities.
- I have survived hard times before.
- Every storm makes me stronger.
- Everything will be okay.
- I will be a great help to my patients.
- I show kindness and empathy to those around me.
- I focus only on the things I can change.
- I will dedicate myself to my career.
CLICK HERE: Choose Your Course Now!
- I can care for myself as well as others.
- I must do what makes my soul shine.
- My body mind and soul are engaged for the day.
- I am able to take care of people very well.
- I see the light in others.
- I will be understanding.
- I cannot control everything.
- I choose calm over anxiety.
- Let that shit go.
- I like helping others when they call me.
- I always know how to handle medical situations calmly.
- I have excessive knowledge on the human body.
- This is temporary, and it will pass.
- I am overcoming my stress.
- All is well right now.
- I work for healing. I live for healing. I am part of the healing.
- I am very patient.
- I am an efficient, effective, professional.
- I care about patients.
- No matter what, I’m going to maintain my inner peace. Without that, none of the others are possible.
- I have the patience for every patient.
- I feel compassion and empathy for my patients.
- I choose to help the sick and the suffering because I care.
- I’ve done my best today.
- This too shall pass.
- I will be more aware of my surroundings.
- I am choosing to be present with my coworkers and patients today.
- I regard nursing as my inner calling.
- I am compassionate and giving.
- I choose hope over fear.
- My patients appreciate me.
- I deserve to become a nurse.
- I am led by my dreams.
- I will be aware of my patients’ needs.
- I listen to my patients` needs.
- Caring for others comes easily to me.
- I am always there for my patients.
- I give each patient the attention they deserve.
- Doctors and nurses love working with me.
- I don’t need a reason to help people.
- I am very motivated to study nursing.
- I give my all because I know my patients are counting on me.
- I am aware of my abilities as a nurse.
- I always give the patients the best care.
- I handle every situation peacefully.
- I am naturally caring and nurturing person.
- I know what I am doing.
- I am good at helping people.
- I am very dedicated to my nursing career.
- My devotion to my patients is unwavering.
- I can choose positive thoughts.
- I will focus on things that I can change.
- I can and will.
- Being strong is the only choice I have.
- I will not stress over what I cannot control.
- Nursing is my way of contributing back to society.
- I let go of what I cannot control.
- I am human. I will make mistakes and I will get better.
- My career and life will be balanced, and my happiness will show to others.
- I am a problem solver.
- I feel my worries melting away.
- Stay in the present.
- I am driven by my desire to help people.
- I take charge when I need to.
- I have empathy for my patients.
- I am choosing to not be defined by my mistakes.
- I am a confident nurse.
- Even in tough situations, I see the good in me.
- I will always put my patients first.
- I am patient, confident and calm.
- Nursing is not what I do. Nursing is who I am.
- I am a patient-focused nurse.
- I have healthy boundaries with my coworkers and patients.
- I earned an “A” on assessment checkoff.
- I never allow a patient become just a number.
- I am perfect at my job.
- I am a great learner.
- I am calm and at peace.
- I can be proud of the work I do.
- I am confident in my medical knowledge.
- I am naturally compassionate.
- I believe in myself.
- I have the resources to make critical decisions.
- I choose to care for my body while at work today.
- I will become a great nurse.
- I embody compassion for my patients and their situation.
- I enjoy nursing.
- When I’m done caring for others, I remember I to care for myself too.
- I chose to be a nurse, and those reasons are still valid.
- I have faith in my calling.
- Whatever the day has in store, I choose to respond with gratitude.
- Medical learning is easy for me.
- I have always been a compassionate person.
- I choose to be happy.
- I will take time for every patient.
- My colleagues see me as a humble nurse.
- I work great under pressure.
- This will not break me.
- Helping people fulfills me.
- I have a strong sense of ethics.
- My training and my experience get me through whatever comes my way.
- My dedication to nursing will increase.
- I will treat patients with love and devotion.
- I am allowed to feel stress and still make healthy choices.
- I encourage my patients.
- Whatever comes, let it come. Whatever stays, let it stay. Whatever goes, let it go.
- I will pass nursing school and be a nurse.
- I am a good student.
- Today I am full of energy and overflowing with love and joy.
- My talent as a nurse is unmatchable and unique.
- I am thankful for the opportunity to help those in need today.
- I release things that are not in my power.
- A 75% is passing, but I don’t want to settle for a C. I like As!
- I honor my education by working with excellence.
- I will care for my patients to the best of my ability.
- Even in tough situations, I see the good in other people.
- I will focus on things I can change.
- I excel at my professional life.
- I am invaluable to my patients.
- I will be a wonderful RN.
- I believe in my abilities.
- I am calm and stable in stressful situations.
- I am very good at my job.
Take Affirmations Everywhere You Go!
Check out our very own printable affirmation cards designed just for you.
It contains 30 Daily Positive Affirmation Cards which you can bring everywhere for your convenience!
Included bonus: 4 Powerful Positive Affirmation Posters which you can print and hang anywhere!
* takes you to a checkout page hosted by PayHip, an ecommerce platform
How many affirmations should I say a day? 8 burning questions answered
What is nurse burnout and how to manage it?
What Affirmations To Read Next: