385 Affirmations For Forgiveness And Release
Feeling bitter about someone or something is a surefire way to impact your life negatively. Al the harmful thoughts and emotions that you have to burden weigh you down, day by day. By making use of affirmations for forgiveness and release, you can erase those thoughts and receive the freedom you deserve.
Are you holding on to bitter thoughts? Are you able to be happy in your life? Do you want to release yourself from the past?
Taking the weight off your shoulders is not an easy task, but it can be done. It does not make you weak. It does not mean you are finding excuses for yourself. And it does not mean you need to forget about what happened. By embracing forgiveness, you are being the stronger person and proving to yourself your self-worth.
* Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we will get a commission if you decide to buy something through them. There is no extra cost to you, but it can help support The Right Affirmations.
What is forgiveness?
Many people will tell you to forgive and forget. That is such a common mistake that I see people make. I mean, how do you forget? If something has been imprinted into your memory, can you actually delete it?
Forgiveness is not about forgetting. Forgiveness is about letting go of something bad that has happened to you instead of holding a grudge and having resentment towards it.
A simple example is when you learn to ride a bike. You fall and hurt yourself, but do you get angry at this activity and say that you will never forgive it? Do you forget? Instead, you learn from the experience and try not to make the same mistakes in future. You move on.
If you have been hurt by someone, you can be the bigger person and forgive, despite them not changing or apologizing.
You release the feelings of resentment and move on with your life.
Even though the action of the other person is terrible, you free yourself from this episode and let be burden be gone.
On the other hand, you might have been the person who did something wrong. It can be very difficult to forgive yourself and feel guilty about it for a long time to come.
However, you need to admit the mistake, own it, and learn from the experience so that you never commit it again.
All of these are part of the process to be humble and improve yourself. This chapter of your life is over and you need to move on.
Why is forgiveness important for emotional healing?
When we hold on to negative thoughts, we place limits on ourselves. We become someone that is not the real us.
As the negative thoughts grow, you will start to be affected by your life’s decisions and many of them will turn out poorly.
Once we start to learn how to forgive, we give ourselves a chance at life again, to be who we truly are. We place love as the priority and let positivity into our lives. And as you will discover, living positively has ways more benefits than you can imagine.
What does it mean to truly forgive someone?
I do not want to oversimplify matters, but the truth is that forgiving someone is a simple act. It might not be easy, but it is simple.
Forgiving someone means that you let go of the past, that particular incident, and no longer let yourself be tied to it. You free yourself from that burden. You release the hurt and resentment and be done with it.
Even though the experience was traumatic, you tell yourself you are no longer part of it. It takes time especially if it impacted you greatly, but the more you release, the more you feel free.
By practicing forgiveness affirmations, you set yourself on the right path and put yourself firmly in the driver’s seat and take control. You will not be controlled by your past.
How to use affirmations effectively?
- Identify the negative thoughts that you wish to get rid of or something that you wish to manifest. Affirmations work in both scenarios, but you need to be clear about what you want. This post about learning how to write affirmations might help you out.
- Use the following list as a source of inspiration and guidance. You may use any affirmation as it is, or modify it to make it your own. The key thing here is that the affirmations MUST resonate with you and is a statement you truly believe in.
- Pick out at least 2 affirmations and start using them.
- Begin a routine of practicing at least twice a day of reciting the affirmations with each session lasting 3-5 minutes. Repeat each one 10-15 times daily. You can do this in front of a mirror, speak out loud, or do it in your mind. Do not skip any sessions. I usually do this each morning when I wake and before I go to bed.
- Download and print out your own affirmations worksheet below to use as a guide for manifestation. Stick it on your mirror/journal/vision board, or anywhere you can easily access it throughout the day so that it can serve as a constant reminder to you.
- Alternatively, you can check out our Daily Positive Affirmations Cards which are designed and organized for you. All you need to do is print them and take them everywhere you go!
- Be patient! It usually takes a month or so to see changes.
List Of The Best Forgiveness Affirmations To Release Yourself And Achieve Freedom
The following is a long list of affirmations for forgiveness and release. They include affirmations for forgiving both yourself and others, and you should take the time to browse through them.
The list is randomized, and there’s reason for that. By reading through the whole list, you might discover affirmations that can apply to your life that you did not know to find before.
Be sure to pick out those that resonate with you or form your own affirmations by using the list as inspiration.
I personally like to print them out on little cards which I can access easily each day. If you wish to do that, you can sign up below to get a set of DIY affirmation cards. Alternatively, you can also grab a set of ready-made digital affirmation cards near the bottom of this post.
Positive Healing Affirmations to Forgive and Release
Forgiveness Affirmations to Let Go of Resentment Towards Yourself
Forgiveness Affirmations to Forgive Family Members and Others
Affirmations for Releasing Guilt
Affirmations to Forgive Your Past and Free Your Mind
Affirmations You Need to Forgive Yourself
Forgiveness Affirmations to Lift the Weight Off
Affirmations to Heal Your Life
Self Forgiveness Affirmations
- I see myself smiling and happy now.
- I now release all the resentment from my mind, body and soul.
- If others choose to act out of integrity, that is not my responsibility.
- I am ready to be healed. I am willing to forgive. All is well.
- Each day is filled with new possibilities.
- I forgive myself for the pain.
- I have received forgiveness out of the riches of God.
- I face negative and critical people with kindness, compassion, forgiveness and positivity.
- I am a strong, loving, joyful person and everybody wants to be around me.
- I have a compassionate and forgiving nature.
- I forgive you.
- I bring joy, love and gratitude to the world.
- Through forgiveness, I can learn and grow from my mistakes.
- Amazing, high vibrational people now surround me.
- I deliberately choose to feel happy and loved everyday.
- When I make a mistake, I realize that it is only part of the learning process.
- I am choosing to accept my past and learn from it.
- I go with the flow that life brings me.
- I am the architect of my future.
- I accept my past and learn from it.
- I let things happen without worrying about the significance of each event.
- I release all stress and worries and all answers come naturally to me.
- Intention is my catalyst for my ideal future.
- I am now transforming into the best version of myself.
- I forgive first. I forgive last. I forgive always.
- I am consciously making a closure to the past.
- I forgive my enemies.
- I will not punish people in my present for past offenses.
- I know that old, negative patterns no longer limit me. I let them go with ease.
- I am a good person and forgive myself for any mistakes I have made.
- The past does not determine my future.
- Every day I have the power to choose, and today I choose to let go of grudge, frustrations and anger and choose to be happy.
- I am capable of offering unconditional love anytime.
- I accept myself with unconditional love and let go of my past.
- I give up the hope of a different past by accepting my true past.
- I am moving on from past offenses.
- I release the anger that controls my life.
- All is well between us. Peace be with you.
- I am abundant in all aspects of my life.
- I am learning and growing every day.
- I forgive all those who have ever hurt me in any way.
- My heart is free of resentment, anger, and hatred now that I have forgiven those who have hurt me.
- I am doing the best I can with what I have.
- I realize that those who have hurt me were suffering inside too.
- I am thankful for my choices and they made me learn my lessons.
- I am forgiven.
- I accept that I did the best I could at the time with what I knew.
- Each day I am getting better at being a good person.
- I have inner peace.
- I am wiser today than yesterday because I have learned from my mistakes.
- I will practice compassion and understanding.
- Breathing in, I feel my anger. Breathing out I let it go. Whatever I release frees me.
- I approach myself with patience and understanding.
- I release shame, anger, guilt, and embarrassment.
- As I let go of the past, I allow new joyful relationships to come in.
- I let go of all my expectations of other people and accept them for who they are with unconditional love.
- I am capable of moving on from past offences and wrongs people have done to me.
- I let go of negative patterns and habits.
- I release my past and forgive my participation in it.
- I forgive the part of me that holds resentment.
- I am free from the prison of resentment.
- Self-hatred does not serve me.
- I melt into an ocean of love and forgiveness.
- I am free from mistakes and the consequences of mistakes.
- I can forgive myself, as I would forgive others.
- I take responsibility for any negative patterns or behaviors that contribute to conflict in my life.
- The universe always has my back.
- I get the help I need, when I need it, from various sources. My support system is strong and loving.
- I trust in the universe.
- We all make mistakes, including me.
- I can help others by learning to forgive.
- I deserve people who love me unconditionally.
- Making mistakes is an opportunity to gain wisdom.
- I do not judge other people’s choices or actions.
- I am releasing all resentment and offering it to God for healing.
- I now fill my heart with compassion for others.
- To err is human. I forgive myself for my imperfections.
- I forgive myself for not wanting to forgive.
- The forgiveness I give propels me forward.
- I am done beating myself up for what has happened in the past.
- I am healthy.
- I am a pioneer of the future and not a prisoner of the past.
- As I let go I feel blooming in all areas of my life. I start living as the best version of myself.
- Today I forgive and forget.
- I am full of gratitude for my life and all the miracles.
- I choose to forgive so that I can move forward.
- Everyone in my life has something to teach me. We have a purpose in being together.
- Punishing myself forever is unhelpful to me and others.
- I grow through forgiveness.
- I live only in the present. The past is gone.
- I grow stronger and better every day.
- I am a being of love, compassion, and peace.
- I am able to heal from the hurt and pain of what I have caused.
- Forgiveness gives me a fresh start and a clean slate.
- I forgive people who have wronged me and release all resentment. I deserve to live at peace.
- I can let go of feelings of guilt and shame.
- I know every action comes back to its owner, so I create my future in a loving way.
- I forgive others as I forgive myself: with ease, sincerity and loving compassion.
- I forgive myself for my past decisions and actions.
- I know that people act out of their own loving or suffering heart. Their behavior doesn’t affect me.
- As I forgive others, I am forgiven.
- I release all judgement, guilt, and shame.
- I move from survival to thriving.
- I let go of all urges to criticize myself.
- I release the past.
- I let go of any regrets. I am grateful for the lessons my mistakes have taught me.
- I forgive everyone who has ever wronged me.
- I am at peace and harmony with myself.
- I am the curator of my story and not a prisoner to the past.
- Forgiveness allows me to let go of negative energy and thoughts.
- I am capable of loving all of who I am.
- Old, negative patterns no longer hold me back. I let them go with ease.
- Patience, understanding, compassion, and detachment comes naturally to me.
- I trust myself to build a better future.
- I overcome self-condemnation and choose to love myself.
- I am completely forgiven and forgiving in my life.
- I am free of anger and feelings of unworthiness.
- Forgiveness gives me freedom.
- I am free from my own shame and guilt.
- Forgiveness makes me feel empowered.
- No one is defined by one mistake or one incident.
- Today I listen to my feelings, and I am gentle with myself. I know that all of my feelings are my friends.
- By accepting responsibility for what happened, I can achieve personal growth.
- I will treat myself with love and respect.
- I let go of control.
- My heart is overflowing with love and abundance.
- I am born to shine and thus I choose to let go of all the negativity.
- I forgive you. I am letting go of what happened between us and am moving on in my life.
- I see and treat my family through the eyes of love, even if we do not completely agree on everything.
- I forgive myself so that I can have inner peace again.
- I do not take anything personally and forgive those who do not know better.
- Today I commit to giving forgiveness the time it needs to blossom within me.
- I set myself free by forgiving myself and others.
- Being angry at others hurts me more than anyone else.
- I am moving on and letting go of all anger so I can move forward with my life.
- I am too powerful for anything else to close my heart.
- I become more patient by forgiving myself and others.
- I am capable of healing.
- I deserve to be able to move on with my life.
- I take ownership over my actions and emotions.
- I bless and release anything, anyone, and any situation that’s holding me back from living in perfect flow.
- I am happy.
- I am forgiving, loving, gentle, and kind, and I know that life loves me.
- The incident that happened between us is in the past forever. I wish the best for you. I hold you in the light of forgiveness.
- I forgive my family.
- My happiness is more important than being hurt and holding a grudge.
- I forgive myself for what I did.
- Everyone I meet has something to teach me. I am always trying to see the bigger picture.
- I will treat myself with respect and kindness from today forward.
- I care about others and am accountable for my actions.
- I release myself from all negative emotions.
- I am released from the pain of the past.
- I release all negative beliefs.
- I grow stronger and better as I forgive myself to move on.
- I break free from all negative patterns.
- I release the heavy burden of shame, guilt, self-hatred and self-judgement.
- Though others caused me pain, I am capable to forgive them. I deserve to be at peace.
- All of the changes in life that lie before me are positive ones. I am safe.
- I call on the law of forgiveness.
- I forgive and I am cleansed. I forget and I am released.
- I trust that this will help me grow faster.
- I forgive and I am transformed.
- I choose love and forgiveness.
- As I release any resentment, I feel lighter and free.
- Letting go and moving on is the best way to bring more joy into my life.
- I am willing to live with all of who I am.
- I am not perfect and make mistakes. And that’s okay.
- I trust my present and future decisions based on love and good intentions.
- I am capable of moving beyond my weaknesses.
- I deserve love and forgiveness.
- I cannot change another person. I let others be who they are and I simply love who I am.
- I practice understanding and compassion.
- I am human, and sometimes I make mistakes.
- I live the best life that I can right now.
- I choose to surrender to whatever life has to offer to me.
- By letting go I am creating space for something better.
- There is no place for negativity in my life.
- I am loved.
- I am grateful I have the choice to forgive.
- I am grateful and content in my life.
- Forgiveness is a gift to myself.
- I understand that I am only human and human beings are prone to making mistakes.
- I feel lightness and joy in my being.
- Holding on to anger does not serve me.
- I start loving life more and more every day.
- I am a bearer of light.
- I make peace inside with anyone who has done wrong.
- I release the pain of anger and rage from my body.
- I the energy of love and forgiveness to surround me.
- Mistakes are a part of life and teach me valuable lessons.
- Resentment replicates old turmoil and I choose my life to be drama free.
- I forgive myself one day at a time until it’s complete.
- I set myself free and forgive myself of any wrongdoing.
- I choose to forgive all wrongs and hurts, and to move forward, beyond the pain and into a world filled with positive possibilities.
- I know that by hurting my feelings, they only projected their own fears and insecurities.
- I forgive my friends.
- I am worthy of peace.
- The door to my heart opens inward. I move through forgiveness to love.
- I decide to let go of any deep rooted grudges I hold.
- The past has no power over me. I forgive those who need my forgiveness and let go completely.
- I release all stress and criticisms towards myself and forgive.
- Today I choose forgiveness over self-destruction.
- I have the courage to heal and become whole again.
- I am letting go of all anger and frustration.
- I release all fears of not being perfect. I am good enough. I am perfect in my own way.
- My peace of mind and inner happiness is more important than holding a grudge.
- I refuse to be a victim anymore.
- I forgive those who have wronged me and choose to live a life full of love, joy and peace.
- I deserve to treat myself with compassion and kindness.
- I grow more patient and understanding of others by forgiving myself.
- I forgive my past circumstances.
- I fiercely protect the energy around me.
- I am worthy of all the compassion and kindness life can offer.
- The grudges I hold only hold me back.
- I choose to uplift those who have hurt me in prayer, sending them positive energy and intentions.
- I step away from the prison of resentment into freedom.
- I am in sync with the flow of life.
- I forgive others in order to live in love.
- I forgive and I am empowered.
- There is no problem so big or so small that it cannot be solved with love.
- I have the courage to recognize the light within myself.
- I now fully release my past and all the negative feelings associated with it.
- I am letting go of all hurt and resentment in my heart, body and soul.
- I treat myself with respect and kindness from today forward.
- I move beyond forgiveness to understanding, and I have compassion for all.
- I can heal my wounds with forgiveness.
- I have the freedom of choice.
- All is love.
- I return to the basics of life: forgiveness, courage, gratitude, love, and humor.
- I forgive so that I can have inner peace.
- Forgiving is natural to me.
- I release the past so I can step into the future with pure intentions.
- I forgive myself.
- I let go of past relationships and clear my spirit of chains to the past to make way for new relationships to enter my life.
- Self-forgiveness is a choice, it is a gift of freedom that I give myself.
- I welcome kindness, compassion, and love into my life.
- Prosperity follows me wherever I turn.
- Each day is a new opportunity. Yesterday is over and done. Today is the first day of my future.
- I am thankful for the forgiveness.
- Forgiveness is not forgetting or condoning the hurt someone has done to me. It is releasing his behaviour’s hold on my life so that I can move on.
- I have a new hope for tomorrow.
- I can only help others by forgiving myself.
- Each day provides new opportunities.
- Letting go of anger and forgiving others heals my heart.
- I am open for change. I trust the flow of life and know the future keeps only the best for me.
- I see life with loving eyes, so life could unfold its beauty to me.
- Letting go helps me become more enthusiastic and full of life.
- My happiness does not depend on others, it depends on me. I choose to be free and happy.
- It is now safe for me to release all of my childhood traumas and move into love.
- I am healed from the hurt of my past.
- I know a person hurts another based on their own fears and pain.
- I welcome forgiveness.
- I am gentle and loving towards myself.
- I love all of who I am.
- My Heavenly Father is reworking my heart soul and mind so that I am able to live my best life.
- I choose to let go of daily frustrations.
- As I forgive, I release my happiness from the chains that have bound it.
- I forgive myself for not being perfect. I am living the very best way I know how.
- I deserve to speak kindly to myself.
- I release negative, damaging patterns of thought and behaviour.
- I declare a fresh star over my life.
- I am now full of love for myself.
- I am always guided by the universe.
- I have no stake in who was right or wrong. I forgive and I move on.
- I acknowledge my faults and forgive myself completely.
- As I forgive myself it becomes easier for me to forgive others.
- I release the past and forgive [name] for the perceived wrongs they have done to me.
- I exchange my shame and anger for self-love and self-compassion.
- I now accept myself with all my flaws.
- I am replacing the pain with love and forgiveness for myself.
- Possessions do not feed my spirit. I am liberated from the desire to have things.
- I am worthy of others’ love and acceptance, just as I am.
- I decide now, in this moment, to let go of all regretful moments in my past.
- I can detach from other people’s thoughts and actions. I don’t take anything personally.
- I now choose the path of forgiveness.
- I forgive myself for past shortcomings, missed opportunities, and times when I should have forgiven but I didn’t.
- I am forgiving and praying for the well-being of all those who have done harm to me.
- I don’t need someone else’s acceptance, apology, or response to forgive them.
- I can learn from my mistakes.
- I do not confuse people from my past with people in the present.
- I will continue to live in line with my values as best I can, as I always have.
- I forgive and I am happy.
- I love, forgive, and accept myself with all of my imperfections.
- Overcoming challenges and difficult times will make me a better person.
- I am in total control of my emotions.
- I choose a life filled with joy and happiness over one filled with anger and resentment.
- My family and I communicate with each other freely and openly, without judgement nor condemnation.
- I breathe freely without constraints.
- I own my mistakes and forgive myself.
- I lay down the heavy weight of doubt, shame, guilt, embarrassment and self-hate.
- I forgive to stop the negative karmic cycle in my life.
- I am in full control of my emotions now.
- Each act of forgiveness helps my heart to heal. I bring love, peace, joy, and forgiveness to the world.
- I gently release the grip of anger and rage from my body.
- When I make a mistake, I stop brooding over it incessantly, learn from it and move on.
- I cleanse my soul through the act of forgiveness.
- I have compassion for myself and others.
- It is no fun being a victim. I refuse to be helpless anymore. I claim my own power.
- I trade my anger and rage for understanding and compassion.
- I forgive those who have wronged me in order to live a life full of peace, love, and joy.
- The past is gone. I live only in the present.
- I allow myself to be forgiven.
- I can see clear how releasing hurt helps me step in my power.
- I feel compassion for those who choose to act out of integrity.
- I set my past free and forgive my participation in it.
- I will uplift those who have hurt me in prayer and reset my intentions towards them by sending them positive energy.
- I choose to let go of my need for the reassurance and approval of others.
- Understanding is the highest form of love.
- My time is short. The universe is large. I refuse to waste my opportunity with anger and victimhood.
- I give myself the gift of freedom from the past, and move with joy into the now.
- I take this small step toward greater growth.
- The more resentment I release the more love I have to express.
- I do not hold a grudge and let go of all resentment.
- I did the best I could at the time with what I knew.
- I go with the flow.
- I have forgiven. All is well.
- I am letting out the unease due to the pain.
- Forgiveness is a choice.
- I forgive my parents for any wrongdoings that they did unknowingly to me. My parents did the best that they could for me.
- I am not a victim and accept full responsibility for my choices and actions.
- Forgiveness is a strength.
- I do not live in guilt, anger, hurt or resentment anymore.
- Today I choose forgiveness over hatred.
- I forgive myself for any regrets that I have been holding and remind myself to focus on the present.
- I take ownership of my mind, soul and body.
- I am blessed.
- I forgive myself for the choices I made knowingly or unknowingly.
- I release all my doubts and fears.
- I have received the grace to forgive.
- I now let that all go.
- I am capable of moving beyond my mistakes.
- I am freed of any grudge and resentment I ever had. I have clarity over all aspects of my life.
- I let go of the need to control others. I allow others to be who they are.
- I let go of all self-judgement and self-sabotage.
- I cease all self-judgement and self-sabotage.
- I release all my past relationships and clear my spirit of any chains to the past. I am free.
- I love myself and all that I am.
- I forgive those who have harmed me in the past.
- Every day is a new opportunity to start over and be the best version of myself.
- I keep my good memories and let go on the dark ones. My lessons are learned.
- I live joyfully in the present.
- I am a strong individual.
- Nobody is perfect. Not even me. And that’s okay.
- I allow the energy of love and forgiveness to surround me.
- When I forgive myself, it becomes easier to forgive others.
- I love and accept my family members exactly as they are right now.
- People are doing the best they can with what they have.
- I forgive everyone in my past for all perceived wrongs. I send them loving energy and wash it out of my aura.
- As forgiveness grows in my life, my anger melts away.
- I accept myself for who I am.
- Love and peace surround me every moment.
- I give up holding things against others.
- I forgive to further my own healing.
- My life is free of drama or any other negativity.
- I choose to rise above all the hatred and negativity that was directed towards me.
- I forgive what I can. I forget what I must. I live a life that embraces happiness.
- My feelings are hurt and my heart is wounded, but I will never stop loving.
- I am letting go of the pain I feel in my heart.
- I also forgive myself for the mistakes I made in the past.
- I follow the principle of “live and let live.”
- I am under grace and not under karmic law.
- Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
- I forgive myself for any and all past mistakes.
- I am worthy of forgiveness.
- I know that amazing new experiences are coming my way.
- Forgiveness will heal my heart and release all pain and sadness.
- Holding grudge only does me harm so I can release it easily.
- I am safe.
- I am able to move on.
- I choose to be free of hurt, anger, and hatred.
- I understand and accept myself.
- Today I choose forgiveness over anger.
- I am loved, loving and lovable.
- I choose forgiveness. I experience forgiveness. I become forgiveness.
- I take a deep breath in of compassion and let go of all anger and frustration.
- I am grateful for the circumstances that made me stronger and empowered.
- I can only move forward by letting go of the past.
- I love and accept myself, fully and unconditionally.
- I release myself from all resentment so healing can begin.
- I do not blame myself anymore.
- I let go of all expectations. I am free to live the life I’ve dreamed.
- My strength comes from forgiveness of myself.
- Negative energy is not welcome here.
- I can and will heal from my past.
- I know that I cannot take responsibility for other people. We are all under the law of our own consciousness.
Our First Book:
The Art Of Reinventing Yourself
Get yours for only $12 right now!
Other resources you can check out next:
- How many affirmations should I say a day? 8 burning questions answered
- How long does it take for affirmations to work? All you need to make it work
- How to write an affirmation letter to yourself? Examples and tips to guide you
What Affirmations to Read Next?