362 Adversity Affirmations To Help You Overcome Them
We can all do with some words of affirmations for hard times. All of us face adversity in life, some more than others. When it happens, it often stops us in our tracks and halts progress in all facets of life.
By speaking to your inner self and giving yourself encouragement, you can tide yourself over these tough times. Keep on repeating them and you will find those negative thoughts slowly disappear.
Please read on and use these adversity affirmations to help get your through the most difficult and challenging times in life.
Just remember, no matter what you are facing, you can always reach out for a helping hand to get you out of the slump. Don’t be afraid to take action!
* Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we will get a commission if you decide to buy something through them. There is no extra cost to you, but it can help support The Right Affirmations.
How to use affirmations?
- Identify the negative thoughts that you wish to get rid of or something that you wish to manifest. Affirmations work in both scenarios, but you need to be clear about what you want.
- Use the following list as a source of inspiration and guidance. You may use any affirmation as it is, or modify it to make it your own. The key thing here is that the affirmations MUST resonate with you and is a statement you truly believe in.
- Pick out at least 2 affirmations and start using them.
- Begin a routine of practicing at least twice a day of reciting the affirmations with each session lasting 3-5 minutes. Repeat each one 10-15 times daily. You can do this in front of a mirror, or speak out loud, or do it in your mind. Do not skip any sessions.
- Download and print out your own affirmations worksheet below to use as a guide for manifestation. Stick it on your mirror/journal/vision board, or anywhere you can easily access throughout the day so that it can serve as a constant reminder to you.
- Alternatively, you can check out our Daily Positive Affirmations Cards that is designed and organized for you. All you need to do is print them and take it everywhere you go!
- Be patient! It usually takes a month or so to see results.
Affirmations To Get Through Adversity
Situations for using these affirmations:
Affirmations for difficult times
Positive affirmations after a bad day
Positive affirmations for strength in difficult times
Affirmations for handling stress in difficult times
Affirmations for overcoming adversity
Words of affirmation during hard times
Affirmations for overcoming challenges
Positive mantras for tough times
Positive affirmations for hard times
Affirmations for challenging times
Affirmations for challenging times
- I am just a few milestones away from being the best version of myself.
- I am all set to achieve the desired goal of my life.
- Even in the presence of adversity, I embrace new challenges.
- These hardships are building my will power.
- I see light at the end of this tunnel.
- The will power that I have is as strong as steel.
- When I encounter missteps, I become more resolved,
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening and will happen.
- I have to accept whatever comes my way, and the only important thing is that I meet it with the best I have to give.
- I have what I need to get through this.
- I know that whatever in life I go through, I grow from.
- I will learn what I need to from today which will make me a stronger person.
- I believe that the Universe is guiding me towards a better future.
- No matter what the problems are I always feel blessed.
- The remaining portion of my life is going to be full of happiness and luxury.
- Struggle is required to refine my abilities.
- I am all prepared for the victory that is about to come my way.
- I am safe and secure no matter the situation be.
- These challenges are meant to make me stronger.
- Life is full of constant change. My pain, though very real, will not be as acute forever.
- I am learning new techniques to overcome hardships daily.
- I never give up.
- My life is smooth and easy.
- I can lean on others for support. I’m not alone in this.
- Things shall become better with time.
- The reward will taste good only when I have overcome a struggle.
- Nothing can get between me and my goals in life.
- I am filled with joy and ease right now.
- I am in control of how I think, feel, and behave.
- My sense of persistence is reinforced.
- This challenge will make me stronger.
- I have the power to change the aspects of my life that I don’t like at all.
- I am flexible and can adapt when life doesn’t go according to plan.
- I am not a failure, but a survivor. I am daily in the process of surviving.
- My efforts are being supported by the universe; my dreams manifest into reality before my eyes.
- I am getting stronger everyday.
- I will become wiser after this struggle.
- I welcome challenges into my life.
- I am proud of my ability to recover from mistakes.
- I will not give way to fear or worst-case scenarios.
- I will get back up. Again, and again. The faster I recover from setbacks, the faster I’ll get to where I’m going in life.
- I can get through anything life has to offer.
- I am prepared for change.
- The struggle is real, but so is my resolve
- I can easily get over this difficulty.
- I am a strong and capable person.
- Being positive does not mean ignoring the negative. Being positive means overcoming the negative. There is a big difference between the two.
- Roadblocks are simply shortcuts to something better than I had planned!
- I defy adversity every time.
- These struggles towards my big dream are meant to shape me for the purpose.
- I will stop focusing on how stressed I am and remember how blessed I am.
- This is just one chapter in my life’s story.
- My feelings won’t last forever.
- Whenever I face adversity, I ask myself what is there in this circumstance that brings a greater understanding of my life path, who I am, and why I am here?
- I will use my present adversities to grow and fulfill my place in this life.
- I know I am capable of overcoming all the adversities of my life.
- I know when to persevere along a path and when to let go and change course.
- I push through the most difficult challenges by focusing on what the end result will look like.
- I radiate beauty, charm and grace.
- The adversity is very important to build the character of a person.
- My fears of tomorrow are simply melting away.
- I confidently enlist the help of those around me, so we can face the challenges together.
- The Universe is in my favor.
- I believe in myself, and my abilities.
- Even in adversity, I succeed and I thrive!
- I will not submit to these adversities in my life.
- I have the capacity to surmount any issue.
- I know that these difficult roads will lead me to my beautiful destination.
- This too shall pass.
- Failure is part of the road to success.
- I have the strength and courage to get through any situation.
- I am ready to take life head-on.
- Today I am brimming with energy and overflowing with joy.
- I can choose to be grateful no matter what my circumstances are.
- My adversity is my fuel!
- These hardships are for me to become better.
- I always focus on the positive.
- I have everything that id required to become successful.
- I have everything that I need to overcome these hardships.
- Though these times are difficult, they are only a short phase of life.
- I use my positive attitude to infuse enthusiasm in others to confront adversity. This makes us a stronger and unstoppable team.
- If nothing goes right, I am prepared to make it right.
- All these struggles will help me get closer to my achievements.
- I am prepared to overcome all the struggle in life.
- This problem will not break me. I am unbreakable.
- When circumstances change, I will feel all the more grateful for what I have.
- Complaining won’t change my reality, but a positive attitude will.
- I have been made wired in a way that I know how to get over all the pains in my life.
- I AM bigger than my adversity!
- Tomorrow is a brand new day.
- I am doing what I can with the knowledge and skills I have to survive this.
- I can see my progress as my challenges are getting more difficult.
- My body and mind need to rest and recharge. So, I will let myself rest without judgment.
- I am receptive to all the challenges in life.
- The outer world cannot shake my inner peace.
- I am ready to become the best version of myself.
- I am growing and learning.
- My struggles are just a one-time thing.
- Life’s problems are not solved by perfect people, but by those who show up. I am someone who shows up.
- I shall never bend in front of the challenges.
- Today, I am resilient to adversity.
- I am in the pursuit of my purpose and I shall not let any hardship stop me from realizing that.
- Today I abandon my old habits and take up new, more positive ones.
- The harder I struggle today the glorious my victory shall be.
- These struggles are meant for me to become the greatest version of myself.
- I can solve any problem.
- I am loved.
- The biggest and most complex obstacle I will ever have to overcome is my mind.
- I am divinely protected.
- Strength and growth will come to me only after continuous efforts.
- Tough times don’t last. Tough people do. I am tough.
- Courage does not mean having any fear of danger but facing the danger despite that fear.
- I grow more confident, stronger, and less afraid of whatever awaits me.
- I wake up today with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind.
- These adversities are meant to make me a better human being.
- I see the wall in my journey as a new beginning, not as an obstacle.
- I am holding on in the dark to what I know to be true in the light, in better times.
- Resilience takes conscious practice and commitment.
- Years from now this won’t matter as much as I think it will.
- I happily confront new obstacles.
- Living according to my values is what really matters.
- These adversities are meant for my betterment.
- I am doing the best I can, and thus choose to release myself from guilt and shame.
- I am not the only one to have faced this sort of trauma, and I will not be the last.
- My body is healthy; my mind is brilliant; my soul is tranquil.
- I am here to inspire people from my battle.
- I will become better at judgements with time.
- I don’t have to go this road alone. I have, or can find, people in my life and examples to support and inspire me.
- I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. It’s about not letting my fear decide my future.
- I have all the abilities required to overcome the hardships.
- I am motivated to achieve my goals and I enjoy all the hardships that come my way.
- I can be both afraid and courageous at the same time.
- I struggle, but I grow. I fall, but I get up. Even amid adversity, I succeed and I prosper!
- Moment by moment, brick by brick, I am building a life full of things more important than my problems.
- I will not drown/die in my circumstances.
- I’m not the first to experience this. If others could do it, I can too.
- I am the architect of my life: I build its foundation and choose its contents.
- In the heart of this struggle lies that golden opportunity which will take my life to next level.
- I’m doing the best that I can, and that’s all I can ask of myself.
- I can handle feeling uncomfortable.
- I know that life is not meant to be easy.
- My possibilities are endless.
- I will always raise my bar and become the best.
- A river of compassion washes away my anger and replaces it with love.
- I cannot control exactly what happens in life, but I can control how I respond to it all. In my response is my greatest power.
- I have strong emotional support.
- I am supported by my family in all my struggles.
- The longer I remain peaceful, the stronger I become. Peace on the inside leads to real, meaningful progress on the outside.
- I can get through anything in my life.
- When others give up easily, I now find it difficult to quit.
- Today’s defeats are fertilizing tomorrow’s victories!
- I let go of any stress and anxiety from today.
- It’s healthy to take a break – to rest or have fun.
- I am sending love, hope, and healing into the world.
- I have the capacity to overcome any challenge that comes my way.
- I will not let fear take control of me.
- I can always feel the genuine, positive power that flows from my decision to rise above the petty drama and distractions that don’t really matter anyway.
- I release all negativity from my life.
- Miracles are possible if I overcome this struggle.
- I trust that all is well and everything is working out for my highest and greatest good.
- My commitment to showing up tomorrow overshadows the mistakes I have made.
- In place of worry, I will take positive action. In place of doubt, I will have faith.
- There are no problems, only challenges.
- Life is teaching me lessons that I otherwise would have neglected.
- Courage does not mean having no fear of danger, but facing the danger despite that fear.
- The fruits of labor are sweet
- I am creating my future slowly and steadily.
- My next step in the right direction does not have to be a big one.
- I will focus on making myself better, not on thinking I am better.
- Patience is a genuine expression of confidence, acceptance, serenity, and faith in my own ability. It’s a sign of strength and I will practice it.
- Nothing in life is worth the price of worry.
- Adversity drives me forward.
- I know how to get over this adversity on my own.
- I am ready to suffer now and live like a champion.
- I can and will survive anything life throws at me.
- I will not get caught up in what could’ve been or should’ve been. I will look instead at the power and possibility of what is, right now.
- I’ve been knocked down before and I can get back up again.
- Every adversity has the seed of an equal or greater benefit.
- I’m stronger than I think.
- I am a strong person.
- I am here for the ultimate success.
- I can get through anything.
- I am willing to look at my darkness and willing to bring about a change in my life.
- I am grateful to everyone who did not lend a hand to me because now I have learnt to do it myself.
- I can overcome every challenge in life.
- I am protected and I am safe.
- STILL I RISE!!!
- Every challenge has its season. This season shall come and go.
- I increase my potential for success in the future when I learn from my mistakes
- I am becoming stronger as the days pass by.
- All I can do is my best.
- No matter what happens today, I will find joy and positivity.
- I can get across everything.
- Hard times do not get the best of me.
- I can manage everything.
- I constantly visualize my purpose, seeing it clearly in my mind’s eye.
- I have the strength to battle this struggle.
- I am ready for the roller-coaster ride of my life.
- I am safe and secure no matter what.
- I have the capability to overcome anything and everything.
- I’m doing better than I was yesterday.
- These are but minor issues in my life.
- I have the power to change the world in a positive way by being myself.
- I do not fight out the problems I think of the issues as opportunities to learn.
- I am here to struggle and become victorious.
- I am growing because I am struggling and learning.
- I am only a few steps away from my goals.
- The more I stumble, the more I pick myself up, the easier it becomes to recover.
- I am worthy of love and my life is meaningful despite my losses.
- I don’t have to have this all solved today.
- I release all negative emotions from the day.
- It is well with my soul. It is well with me and all that concerns me.
- I believe that there are no limits to my life.
- Increased level of difficulty in life means more success in life.
- No condition is permanent. This too shall pass.
- Challenges are opportunities to learn and grow.
- I cherish all the happy moments which give me the strength to overcome adversity in life.
- When I feel overwhelmed, I will choose a healthy way to cope.
- Even in adversity, I shine bright as the full moon on a cloudless night.
- I am striving hard to battle this situation in my life and I shall emerge victorious.
- Everything that happens to me is another opportunity to choose love.
- The greater the obstacle the bigger the reward.
- When I have done all I know how to do, I choose to let my mind rest.
- When I find that I don’t have time for what matters, I will stop doing things that don’t.
- I will not give up in the times of difficulties and will continue to persevere.
- I have the unbending faith of steel.
- I’m stronger than I think.
- The Universe will show me the way in my darkest of times.
- I am in charge of how I feel today
- I am strong and I will come through this beautifully.
- If I can overcome one obstacle, I can overcome all obstacles.
- I welcome fear as a sign to be careful, but choose to let go of it when it no longer serves me.
- I practice positivity that helps me to overcome day to day problems.
- I will rise to meet the challenges in my life.
- I’m experiencing this because I have the capacity to deal with it.
- I have all the necessary means to overcome these struggles.
- I embrace my failures and learn from them.
- I let go of any stress and anxiety from today
- Some amazing things are about to happen after this hardship.
- I am slowly becoming the kind of person who can survive this storm.
- I shall give my best today to enjoy tomorrow.
- Whatever I am going through is guiding me to where I want to go.
- I’m capable of reaching all my goals.
- This hardship will end very soon.
- I am thankful that the Universe is trying to educate me with the help of this difficulty.
- I am not here to give up on my dreams no matter what comes my way.
- I won’t give up. I won’t quit.
- Challenges are but new opportunities that will help me grow.
- I know this is part of my success story.
- Grand transformation comes from the darkest of days.
- The darkness allows me to see the stars.
- I discover more about myself with each challenge.
- I am surrounded by love and acceptance, today, and always.
- I look for the rainbow after the rain.
- I have plenty of fight left within me.
- I have been through hard times before. I know my way through.
- Sometimes it feels worse before it gets better. It always gets better.
- In time, the hard days become only a memory.
- I know I will look back and marvel at my own strength.
- I courageously allow myself to feel.
- I gather strength from those around me to lift me back up.
- I see the light ahead and keep moving towards it.
- This is one part of a bigger adventure.
- I am not alone. I share this human experience with many, many others.
- I admire my strength that I didn’t know I had.
- Love fills my mind and chases away the doubts.
- I am grateful for the people and places that support me right now.
- I let love from others light up my heart on dark days.
- In the present moment, I catch glimmers of relief and peace.
- I fall sometimes, but only to rest. I get back up when I am ready.
- I accept that the hard times make the good in life even more special.
- I bloom like a lotus from muddy waters.
- Love carries me through the hardest of times.
- I am capable and will get through this.
- It is healthy to take a break to rest or have fun.
- I am allowed to be both afraid and brave.
- I let the hard times strengthen myself, making me deeply strong and secure.
- I ensure change is for the better with my positive outlook.
- I am stronger than I think.
- I am wise and know what to do.
- Hard times are a given in life, but so too are their end. This will pass.
- I breathe, and therefore, all is ultimately well.
- I bravely take another step, despite the fear.
- I can always find something to be grateful for.
- My fear is understandable, but constantly worrying about the worst-case scenario isnt helpful.
- Past victories remind me that I will be okay.
- I am transforming, which sometimes feels hard during the process.
- Positive growth can come from even the worst time.
- A pause to catch my breath is a sensible decision.
- I accept that hard days come, but they also go.
- I am grateful, even on the hard days.
- I let hope expand in my heart, slowly growing and lighting the path.
- I love myself through the hard times.
- The light of hope guides me through.
- I take one small step at a time towards brighter days.
- I know it is okay to hurt sometimes, and I let it flow.
- I choose to be optimistic.
- Although it feels hard, I know this is part of the wondrous experience called life.
- I find solace in nature.
- Hope in my heart carries me to safer times.
- I surprise myself with my resilience in the face of challenges.
- The difficulties come not to upset me, but to move me to expand and grow.
- I balance self-care and conscious action in the face of difficult times.
- I am unstoppable. I ride out the hard times and into better days.
- I replenish myself with self-loving activities.
- I overcome every obstacle, one moment at a time.
- I am a powerful warrior; this cannot defeat me.
- I allow myself to be taken care of, just as I care for others.
- I am hopeful and excited for what the future holds, despite any troubles of today.
- I am doing the best that I can, and that’s all I can ask of myself.
- I am deserving of a break when times are hard.
- I have untapped strength within me to carry on.
- I will emerge from this like a vibrant butterfly out from its cocoon.
- I am a warrior.
- I are capable of getting through anything, even this.
- When I am afraid, I will rely on my Higher Power for strength and guidance.
- I will stay present-focused and take this one day at a time.
- I let each challenge fuel my growth.
- I stay in the present, where fanciful future worries have no power over me.
- I allow myself to be loved.
- I receive love and support when I need it.
- This is my moment to be brave in face of the unknown.
- I let my heart weep, knowing it will always be refilled by love.
- I have an endless well of strength within me.
- I let each breath release my burdens a little more.
- I didn’t know my power until now.
- When I am struggling, I will ask for help.
- I manage to see peace, even in the most uncomfortable external circumstances.
- This is stressful, so I will take extra good care of myself.
- I nurture my pain and let it heal.
- I don’t shy away from the hard emotions. They are valid and deserve expression.
- My life force is constant, even when I feel exhausted; it is there.
- I fall apart to be rebuilt, stronger, and better.
- I let the darkness in, as I need it to appreciate the light.
- I allow myself to feel the full array of human emotions.
- I rest while the storm passes.
- I navigate my way through the storm, trusting my inner compass.
- I keep going, even if it’s a tiny movement forward.
- I take each day as it comes.
- I am doing what I can to remain physically and emotionally healthy.
- This is not the final destination, just a moment in time along the way.
- I see the lesson in each hurdle and use it wisely.
- I will focus on what I can control and release the rest.
- I will get through this.
- I am allowed to take time for myself on tough days.
- Heavy days are made lighter when I accept help from others.
- My own light shines more brightly in the darkness.
- I acknowledge all that supports me on these tough days.
- I will try to be kind and gentle with myself.
- I use the hard times to accelerate my growth.
- I have love, which makes even difficult times manageable.
- I hold my head high, even as tears flow down. I stand strong.
- I am at peace with what is; it makes the hard times less challenging.
- It may not be easy, but I know it will get better.
- I smile, knowing there is much more to life’s beauty.
- I am well versed in life’s challenges. I know they do not last forever.
- I welcome challenges as a normal part of growth.
- I am kept safe by love on good days and on bad.
- I do not need to know how, but I know things will get better.
- I am breaking through, even when it doesn’t feel like it.
- I am better because of the struggles I have overcome.
- I have carried a lot; now, I put the burdens down now.
5 tips on how do you stay strong in tough times?
If only life was a bed of roses and everything went smoothly. We wouldn’t be having this conversation right now! But alas, it doesn’t work that way, and honestly, I think that is the beauty of life. Having tough times and challenges make us a better person and enrich our lives.
Sometimes, the going can get so tough that we wish to give up, but stay in there, for after the dark, there’s always light at the end of the tunnel.
Here are 5 tips that I wish to share with you on how you can stay strong during your darkest moments.
1. Accepting your situation
Here’s the thing about tough times. It happens. You know what I mean? They come without warning in most cases, when things are unexpected.
When they happen, it means it has already happened, and there’s nothing you can do about it. You simply learn to accept the situation first.
2. Giving yourself time
Rome wasn’t built in a day, so neither should you think that you can overcome a challenge just with a snap of a finger.
When something terrible is happening to you, give yourself time to go through all the emotions you need. If it was the death of friend or family member, give yourself time to grief and mourn. If you need to, scream out loud.
Let your emotions run the gamut, and when that has happened, you will find yourself in a better position to accept and move on.
3. Seek out joy
Do you still remember what makes you happy? It could be something simple as going to the beach or rewatching your favorite romantic comedy. The bottom line here is that you need to find joy in your life.
If you deny yourself of the simple pleasures in life, the only direction you’re heading is down, I can assure you that. Find meaning in what you do, and don’t forget that your happiness is as important, if not more, as anything else.
4. Switch up your way of thinking
When things don’t go our way, we tend to start thinking negative thoughts, thinking that we might be the problem. The only problem is in your mind, as you start creating doomsday scenarios and let them manifest in your life.
Which is why reciting positive affirmations is such a powerful way to keep you from heading down that road. Daily reminders of things that are good in your life, what your goals are, and just being positive overall can help you ride these waves.
5. Ask for or give help
Some of us are too stubborn or too strong headed to ask for help. Look, all of us are in this world together and we can all use a bit of help.
You can seek out your best friends and family at first to find comfort in them. Some problems are simply too big for one to handle and there is no shame in that. Try asking one commando to go to war on their own.
On the other hand, if you feel that you are up for it, when your mind has settled and learned from your experiences, you should consider helping others.
By helping others get through tough times, you inexplicably help yourself too. There are many lessons to learn when we help others out, and they can be very important for your own well being.
Don’t think big. Start with small acts of kindness. You will be surprised by what you can offer.
Take Affirmations Everywhere You Go!
Check out our very own printable affirmation cards designed just for you.
It contains 30 Daily Positive Affirmation Cards which you can bring everywhere for your convenience!
Included bonus: 4 Powerful Positive Affirmation Posters which you can print and hang anywhere!
* takes you to a checkout page hosted by PayHip, an ecommerce platform
What Affirmations To Read Next: